Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

playassist is on a distinguished road
Help SOS hey

Hey I'm new on here so glad I found this forum as theres only the 2 of us at work who are doing svq/nvq 3 (as far as I know its nearly the same just with different wording). There are others that re doing it too but their assessors have differnet ways of going through the material - their assessor is doing the work by each unit whilst our tutor is covering everything.

We're trying to get through it as we can but half the time we can't contact our assessor, shes loses our work (have got back ups phew) or doesn't give feedback so not getting far unfortunetly :(

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they have done with knowledge points/unit elements that you can't relate to what you are doing (for example children with asn - we don't have any (that we're aware of) in our setting) have you just left them as a question and answered them in the evidence gathering form - on our evidence gathering form we tick what evidence we're providing ie direct observation, reflective account, witness testimony, case study, product and questions.

This would suggest that we can cover units (which we can't do via reflective account) but as I can't get hold of or a direct answer from my assessor I'm not 100% . So if anyone could tell me what they did to cover units that they couldn't easily cover in a reflective account.

*exhale* hopefully this made some sense

Kirstyx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

hello and welcome. whats asn? is it "a special need" i did a different course to you so im not really sure but if you want to chat to me about it all in more detail you can and i will try to help you figure it out.
Unread 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi glad you found us too.

It can be hard for everyone when individual ways of working differ greatly.

If you see & click through from this page of *archived CWDC you'll see all the NVQ L3 units listed, if they are similar to the S/NVQs they can be great for online reference if your folders aren't to hand !!
Children's Workforce Development Council NOS

I think the general concensus is that units can be easier to work through one at a time with the unanswerable being a quest to find out lol .. that gives lots of opportunities to use these smilies :muted:

Would this site help start things off - www.additionalsupportneeds.org.uk

Enjoy Silkysteps & look forward to chatting more ..

Ruth
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 04-05-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: *updated
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

I work though each unit individually trying to answer at least one or two knowledge questions per night. So far evidence is gathered through assessors observations and reflective accounts. Occasionally my assessor will ask a verbal question for some information that may have been overlooked. For any area that i have not had direct experience with I would always answer what i would do if confronted with a specific situation, I always refer to the policy which may cover the area.
When moving on to a new Unit if a question comes up that i feel i have answered in another unit i will then cross reference quoting the unit, question number and page number.

I hope this helps and makes sense to you

Last edited by Butterflyfllutterby : 06-03-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Unread 06-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfllutterby View Post
I work though each unit individually trying to answer at least one or two knowledge questions per night. So far evidence is gathered through assessors observations and reflective accounts. Occasionally my assessor will ask a verbal question for some information that may have been overlooked. For any area that i have not had direct experience with I would always answer what i would do if confronted with a specific situation, I always refer to the policy which may cover the area.
When moving on to a new Unit if a question comes up that i feel i have answered in another unit i will then cross reference quoting the unit, question number and page number.

I hope this helps and makes sense to you
Yeah it does make sense. As we have just been doing reflective accounts and then adding the knowledge points/PC units as relevant, which means that we're able to cover more than one unit per a reflective account (especially where similar points are raised).
Unread 06-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneSpecial View Post
hello and welcome. whats asn? is it "a special need" i did a different course to you so im not really sure but if you want to chat to me about it all in more detail you can and i will try to help you figure it out.
Hi,
sort of, its additional supported needs, formally known special educational needs. Since inclusion for all began the title was changed so that any children with additional needs (wether the need is short/long term or permanent) are included - it pretty much covers anything from somebody dealing with a divorce/death to a child with autism etc

x