Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

**hannah** is on a distinguished road
Default need some feed-back on this reflective diary.

i have done a reflective diary for unit 5 (CACHE level 3 diploma in childcare and education) i got it back and have done very badly. the only advice my tutor put was " make sure you read the criteria properly". please help i need to improve it .

so this is the criteria :

p5.1 - Give examples of EACH situation in which you have worked as part of the team.

p5.2 - Describe how you carried out the instructions given to you in a responserble way.

p5.3 - describe how you provided feedback to team members about a task in which you have been involved.

p5.4 - reflect on each situation and identify where you could make improvements and act on advice given to you.

and this is what i wrote:

P5.1 - Their are many times that i have been given instructions to carry out, these include:
  • setting up before sessions and clearing away at the end, making sure evrything is in the right place.
  • preparing more resources e.g making up paints
  • carrying out activities
i got 1 mark out of 5.

P5.2 - when i am given instructions i make sure that i understand it fully and if i dont to ask questions. i make sure i know when the instructions are wanted to be carried out and copleted by. for example , i was asked to make up powder paints for the next day, so when i had free time i made them up making sure they were ready for the next day. got 1 mark out of 5.

P5.3 - At the end of each day and sometimes during lunch (before afternoon session) the nursery staff have a brief discussion on how the day is going and if any changes need to be made. when i planned my own activities , i would talk to a member of staff about how it went, if the children enjoyed it and about adapting it. 1 mark out of 5.

P5.4 - When i carry out activities i reflect on my practice during and straight after i have done it. for example, i did a road crossing activity, during the activity the nursery nurse came up to me and pointed out that she though one part was confusing for the children. i was using the zebra crossing in the childrens play-ground for zebra crossing and traffic light crossing. i acted upon the advice given by doing the traffic light crossing in a different part of the playground. 0 marks out of 5 .

any advice for improvements would be realy helpful , thank you in advance!

-----------------------------------------