Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Baby_Jane is on a distinguished road
Default STL Unit 214 (optional Unit) Supporting children and young people at meal or snack times

Hi... Have only got a couple of days to finish this unit and i havent even started yet !!! Oh dear...

Has anyone done this optional unit or can anyone give me any pointers in the right direction on sections 1.1 1.2 1.3 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 3.1 3.2 4.1.

Would appreciate any help.. working on 2 units at the same time here and am panicking

Many thanks in advance

Baby Jane

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Coco is on a distinguished road

Hi, I did this unit.
Have you got the CYPW book? because this is really helpful.
Some of these were signed off through observation by my tutor.
1.2 Write example of healthy menu you use in a pre school or healthy foods. Ie fruit, ygurts etc. Change for life a good website to use and try get some leaflets from health centre on these to add in your folder.
1.3 Dairy allergies.what is in place for child with dairy allergies? soya butter etc. what you do to make sure child doesnt feel left out. Take in to consideration if a child has relgious requirments or not allowed certain meats. making sure offer other healthy options.
2.3 Find list of common allgeries and signs to watch out for epi pen for nut reaction. trained in first aid know how to treat them.
2.4 sure start good website for advice. health visitor.
3.2 positive posters showing pictures of foods, cooking days, let children help choose a menu for the day,grow foods ie strwberries, children may try it if planted it watched grow, may try new foods watching peers try new foods.
Hope this helps :-)
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Coco is on a distinguished road
Smile

Sorry for spellings!!
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Baby_Jane is on a distinguished road

You are a star, thank you very much, you know what it's like, i'm trying to work on 2 assignments at the same time and am getting brain freeze !!!
Unread 02-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lynz82 is on a distinguished road

Hello there i hope you can possibly help im also struggling on this unit but on 5.1 What codes of conduct and policies does the setting follow at meal and snack times? If anyone could help me i would be so greatful its bamboozled me many thanks in advance x
Unread 02-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi have you been able to ask your setting about a food policy, behavioural policy and checked to see what the staff's code of conduct says about these times of the day?

This is from the unit Be able to support the code of conduct and policies for meal and snack times

The setting’s code of conduct and policies for meal and snack times: appropriate expectations of children and young people at meal times; understanding of meal and snack-related policies; understanding the role of the practitioner in supporting children and young people during mealtimes.

Supporting and encouraging children and young people’s positive behaviour in the dining area : eg modelling positive behaviour, set clear expectations, praise for good behaviour, positive reinforcement, involve the children or young people in creating rules for meal and snack time, eat with the children and young people at mealtimes, encourage positive interactions at meal times between children and young people

Page 229+ of the level 2 STL handbook is good reading - search inside for the words 'code of conduct'

You'll be looking to include information about handwashing, queuing and if there is a class rotation for collecting food, finding a seat, disposing of food, behaviour and noise levels, how staff supervise and assist children, and why your setting lays out its dining room/snack areas in that particular way.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers