Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Claire36 is on a distinguished road
Default New course level 3

Hi, I recently completed my NVQ2 CCLD. I'm really keen to start a level 3 but have heard that CCLD level 3 is finishing - I have found a new course for September (one evening per week at college) called CACHE Level 3 Dipolma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Just wondering if anyone out there is enrolling or knows anymore about the course. Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-30-2010, 11:32 PM

njs is on a distinguished road

hi i live in hull and have fin my ccld 3 this june my freind is starting her ccld lev 3 in sept also she was told that its 2 hours class attending and 30 weeks for her ccld hope this helps
Unread 07-31-2010, 08:30 AM

shaz03 is on a distinguished road

hi claire,
i started my ccld3 in april this year asked my tutor if they were finishing this course and she said she didnt think so..get it started the sooner you start the sooner you will complete it and this site is fab for help and advice and stuff
Sxx
Unread 07-31-2010, 08:08 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

YES the new course is very good and far better in terms of challenging the student than the ccld. it is more academic which is good as it means people have to challenge their functional skills deficits during training. Employers will be much more positive about employing people with the new qualification as anyone can do the written component for the nvq there is no check or balance which is why they are being abolished. Speed is not the measure of a well trained member of staff! i would rather take someone who has been to classes for a year and actually learnt something rather than one who has done it train to gain and learnt very little. so YES it will be good and yes it will be more than acceptable to employers who have for long time said the ccld is substandard.
shaz a little worrying that your tutor is unaware of the biggest change in childcare training this century!
Unread 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Meleroo is on a distinguished road

So what happens tothose currently in the middle of CCLD? Is there going to be pressure on them to get it finished quickly before the new one comes in?
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleroo View Post
So what happens tothose currently in the middle of CCLD? Is there going to be pressure on them to get it finished quickly before the new one comes in?
depends whether you are in a good college or not. my guess is that if you have good assessors then yes they will be in a rush as they will want o be part of the new course, not so good assessors are scared of the new courses as they have to mark written work and many are scared of that, hence the popularity of that old standby the professional discussion.

a lot of colleges are still offering it this year as they can reg people up till december but that is cos many providers havent kept on top of the new changes and arent ready for them. in any case the course is yours so be firm and do it in your own time as you have 2 years from reg to complete.
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Claire36 is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for all your replies. Just enroled part-time on the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce at my local college in September. My voluntary placement in a Day Nursery has offered me 3 days a week paid from September. I'm so happy - things couldn't be better!!!!
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire36 View Post
Hi, thanks for all your replies. Just enroled part-time on the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce at my local college in September. My voluntary placement in a Day Nursery has offered me 3 days a week paid from September. I'm so happy - things couldn't be better!!!!
That's great, well done let us know how everything goes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Blackcurrant is on a distinguished road

The CCLD level 2 is the course that is going to be stopping completely as they want people to have minimum of level 3 within the EYS foundation.

I have just enrolled on my CCLD level 3 after completing my Level 2 Teaching Assistant course.

I am doing my via distance learning which at last we are able to do from this year, as I am still trying to get a full time job.
Unread 09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Liana is on a distinguished road

Hi Claire,I have just enrolled for CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. Found a good info about the course on Cache website-here is the link so have a look and good luck .
http://www.cache.org.uk/cachednn/CAC...2/Default.aspx