Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Vickie Plum is on a distinguished road
NVQ Level 2 help please? Age Play activity Development

I have just joined and wished I have found this website months ago, I am due to finish my NVQ Level2 in a month and am stuck a couple of questions one of which is this

I have been asked my assessor to do this as a kind of table but am stuck on the older age groups 6-16 really. Hope someone can help

K2D43 The role of play in development i.e children of all ages need to play in order to develop, learn and grow

Age Play activity Development
0-6 months Chasing after a ball Learning to crawl
6 months – 1 year
1-2 years
2-3 years
3-5 years
6-8 years
8-12 years
13-16 years

Last edited by Vickie Plum : 04-13-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: meant to post it underNVQ Level 2

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LadyIndigo is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help with this? I've also been asked to do this in table-form and finding it difficult to know how to lay it out.

My tutor has said to choose 4 development areas (so i'll put them across the top of the my table) and then consider younger / older children, types of play (holistic) and relaxation / fun - should I just put them down the left hand side of the table?

I'm guessing that the information I put in just lists the types of play for all these areas?
But then does that really explain 'the role of play in development'?

This is the first one i've really drawn a blank on, and it sounded quite simple when it was being explained at college :s

Any help please?
Unread 06-18-2020, 05:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ananya13 is on a distinguished road

Hi there
Need help of writing
Outline the importance of age/stage appropriate adult and child interaction.

Any help please?

Thanks