Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road
Default Hi All - I'm a newbie

Hi everyone. Just started my NVQ 3 in September and am really loving it. I was a bit daunted to start as I haven't done level 2 and all my friends said I was mad to start studying at 41. However, they couldn't have been more wrong. I have managed to get a placement at the school my boys go to and where I have worked as a Dinner Lady for the last 18 months, so I have 2 days a week with the reception class and then a Thursday afternoon in college.

So far we are doing 302 and 303 and I have had work for K3H191a, K3H246 on 302 assessed, as well as K3D217 Activity 24 for 303, and K3H257 for option 306. So if anyone is having problems with those, I am happy to help if I can.

I am really looking forward to swapping ideas with you all, and can't wait to get further into the course!

Madlou
x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Welcome

The world of Early Years Education and Care is a rewarding and challenging one :rotfl: but it is so worth all the frustrations and often complex changes....I believe that everyone who contributes to Silkysteps considers our children are our greatest asset and the Silkysteps community is an amazingly supportive one....you will always be amoungst friends
x
Unread 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and a warm welcome Well done on the placement and good to hear your finding nvq enjoyable.

Dinner duties are an area I have great respect for, they always look to be one of the most challenging and interpersonal aspects of outdoor/in play.

Enjoy Silkysteps & very much look forward to hearing how things go

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
forest

hey i 'm 42 and two of my colleagues doing the nvq3 are older then me so you are just a baby
ENJOY!!
Unread 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy welcome

Hi madlou

Glad you are enjoying your course. I am 45 next week and have just started the foundation degree. You are as old as you feel and never to old to learn.

Good luck
portchesterqueen
Unread 10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
nuttynik

I'm 41 and starting a 3 year degree course next Sept! You are not alone!
Unread 10-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

miss l is on a distinguished road

i am a newbee to 43 and doing nvq4 help
Unread 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
looby x x x

hiya i went on my induction day on monday.....came home feeling really confused and a bit baffled to be honest!!!! glad i'm not the only one it happens to!!!!! I work in a primary school with year 3/4. and hope i can get the course done within a year.... so any ideas or help will be greatfully accepted!!!!! and can some one please tell me that all will click into place soon?????? thanks????? x x x
Unread 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lauralee is on a distinguished road
golden oldie

hi, i'm going to start my nvq 3 in January. it is a course at college in the evening. I'm 47 and i did my nvq 2 at 42/43. I'm going to be doing the cache course which uses the miranda walker book. not too sure how it works yet going for 2 hrs for 36 weeks. anyone else doing their nvq like this?
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

hi all newbies welcome i did cache level 3 got AAA but we used a penni tassoni book mostly. if theres anything i can help with let me know.