Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

fallen angle is on a distinguished road

I am filling in my SEF as a childminder but finding it hard to be critical of my self, but i know i have to put something or ofsted will think im big headed. what can i put that i need to improve on?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen angle View Post
I am filling in my SEF as a childminder but finding it hard to be critical of my self, but i know i have to put something or ofsted will think im big headed. what can i put that i need to improve on?
Read a book, go on a course, update resources to meet the needs of a child, work closer with parents to improve outcomes, change your outside area to be more inclusive, label your toy boxes, include singing at every session, update your menu, involve parents in something, involve children in something, work even harder to get other settings to talk to you...

Don't forget though, your SEF is the main place where you can shine before the inspector even sees you, so keep improvements positive and say how they will help outcomes for the children.

So you might have a child with a specific need or interest - you will do x, y and z to support his need or interest - through doing this you hope to improve outcomes for that child by ...

hth
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkredbaron View Post
Can someone give me the link to the new paper version cant seem to find it
Here's the guidance -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home...undation-Stage
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

Thankyou
Unread 10-16-2009, 05:41 PM
loo-lar

When you do decide what to improve / change make sure its do able because they will then want to see it happen. We in process of doing ours, its taking for ever....our pvi teacher told us we can cross ref on questions, to avoid repeating ourselves.