Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 12-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

markysgirl is on a distinguished road
Default Is there a required number of NVQ2 assessments?

hi, could anyone tell me how many assessments are suposed to be carried out for each unit or element. is there a minimum?

Thanks
Liz

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, I've moved the thread to the new forum & added a title that may help readers know if they can help .. let me know if you want it changing ..

Best wishes

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

As an assessor I am allocated 10 hours for L2 and 12hours for L3.
my candidates also attend college once a week for a year - some classes mandatory, some optional.
It is then up to myself and the candidate to decide how, when and what we cover.
as for actual 'observed assessments' they[the college] like us to do a min of 3 in total.

If the candidates contact me to ask questions, advice etc, as long as it's reasonable -ie not daily!! - I don't usually take this time into account.
xxxx
Unread 12-19-2008, 07:13 PM
topaz glam

cabin, do you do a min of 3 observed assessments for each unit or 3 min observations in total per candidate?

Also, your hours...is that 10 hours a month per candidate or 10 hours a month total for all your candidates? How many candidates do you have?
Unread 12-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

the whole thing!!!

But remember I do work for a college and candidates do have taught lessons too. However as I've said before not all classes are mandatory, so when we only have 10 hours paid for the whole of their course, we need to be careful that candidates do not become to dependant on us rather than bother to turn up for classes.- which I have to say happens quite a lot.
xxxx
Unread 12-20-2008, 02:34 PM

markysgirl is on a distinguished road

thanks for that. it'll be a great help.

liz x
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

this is an interesting thread. How many hours are other assessors allocated per candidate, per level?
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Charlottemaxine is on a distinguished road

The learners have a funding end date which for level 2 is about 13 months and for level 3, they get 2 years. this is for anapprenticeship framework, not NVQ only as I am an assessor for a training company, not college. I visit my candidates about once every 3 weeks or once a month. They attend college one day a fortnight. How I spend the time with them is totally up to me, and have to cater to the individual. I'm expected to have a caseload of about 30 learners, I have 29 at the moment.