Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default what help and training are you getting for a1

what training and help are other trainee assesors getting, does anyone come out and help you with setting up your A1 folder and advise you on meeting the pcs I have done my knowledge questions but some of the pcs are a little confusing as they seem to be the same in some cases.
has anyone done any training or had any workshops for A1?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you should be getting training classes and workshops and the same nvq expectations as any other course! clear planning assessment and feedback. we have classes once a month and then the trainees are assessed fortnightly with 2 students till competent
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Mine was similar to as tutu explained - although I didn't go to classes but had extensive workshops with one-2 -one tutition also.
Unread 05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kellmorris is on a distinguished road

Generally i was ignored by my A1 assessor until I complained, now she has started to communicate. But says she cannot do much for me until my candidates units have been passed by the IV. But who helps me to get the candidates that far?
Unread 05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

kel thats ridiculous! speak to her supervisor. she isn't assessing just your written assessing she is assessing your contact with students, the way you carry them out and theres loads of evidence she needs to cover by ras and discussions. shes being a tad lazy i think. as to who helps you get them there well that isnt her job unless she is your tutor as well, thats your tutors job.