Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Food Hygiene registration?

Having just read details on another forum that establishments - now including Childminders homes ... that serve food & snacks have to register with their local council under the food hygiene (England) regulations act of 2005 ... I'm curious as to whether this is rolling out through the country or is being piloted in various Counties ... currently free to register, although no certificate or confirmation (other than a receipt if requested ) is sent out !!
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-17-2007, 10:52 PM
cybertwin

here is hampshire you have to do it, we have (preschool) and i belive it covers childminders as well
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Has it always been so, or something that's been introduced recently?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Patsy

I mentioned about this in an article on this site. It was about someone wanting to take in ready meals etc. All establishments cooking or serving food on premises must register with the local county council.It doesnt cost anything,you get forms to fill in and they come and inspect your premises to make sure you know what you are doing. Someone in situe should also have food hygiene certificate. You can do this usually at your local tech. 2hr multi choice question exam .About £30 but you should be able to get this paid by your early school dev. trust etc. There are heavy fines for non compliance of the laws so watch out girls.
You all think you wash your hands properly,wait till you do this course and youll find out that it is far from the case. In fact its frightening.
This is not new legislation. Look up your local council on net and you will find info there.Any questions Ill answer if I can.
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
jellybaby

the food hygeine regulation has been actually going for quite a few years now, i am a childminder in kent, but registered my home setting about 5 years ago now, its now come to light because before it was not regultory, but now it is, and i think most childminders now have to comply. i don't think it's a bad thing, especially if you are doing cooked lunches, and the inspector i have been having these last years is always very kind!
Unread 01-18-2007, 07:48 AM
cybertwin

for us to actually be registered here is new, as it has always been the actual hall that was registered. think they changed it last summer, there was a big ad campaign
we have sent off the form, not had a visit or anything!
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Not happening in my part of Cheshire yet but on it's way...... I got a letter confirming I wasn't supposed to do it just in case O ask!!! Sarah x
Unread 01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Patsy

Where in Cheshire are you cause thats news to me.Macclesfield say you have to have a check and cook has to have food hygiene cert.?
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

but is that just for public premesis Patsy, as opposed to 'private (as such) preschools?

Seems to me that if a notice has been sent around by the local council they are fully aware that this is something happening for Nurseries in other counties but not as yet mandatory for theirs !
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Patsy

Any where that cooks food for other than family use has to be passed suitable.That includes people backing cakes for fetes etc. Suggest you all check with your local council.a phone call is better than a hefty fine.You can even log onto the gov sites.