Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 09-03-2007, 05:07 PM
cinders

Tonights the night!!

Hi everyone!!

Tonight is the night!!

My first slimming world meeting! I have to say its just a little scary.... not knowing anyone there, not knowing if im going to walk into a room full of skinny people, wondering if im going to be the fattest person there! But I AM going to do it!!

the good news is.... since my first post about this the other day... Ive already lost a WHOLE kilogramme! woohooo!!! lol small steps!! but a good start considering I havent even started the eating plan yet! I guess that new bike WAS a good investment afterall!! :rotfl:

Well.... catch you all later!!

Maybe I should start a slimming world blog? (I know what a blog is now!) Did you say you were going to put one on this site Ruth?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jelleybabe is on a distinguished road

Good luck for tonight. Would love to read your blog if you do one. After your message, I decided to join slimming world to and I start on wednesday night, so know how you feel.

Good luck again

Sarah
Unread 09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road

Good luck cinders, you must let us know how u get on and what is was like. I havent got the confidence to go to anything like that may be if i had someone to go with id be okay.When people mention it to me, i say i will lose a bit of weight first, then i will go. lol i know thats the whole point of going and defeats the object as everyones there for the same reason but thats just my sad way of thinking that does not make sense.
Unread 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Good luck Cinders. Inspired by you have started my healthy(ier) lifestyle today - not going to a slimming club - but taking up exercise. Just been for a two mile brisk walk!
Let us know how you got on.
xxx
Unread 09-04-2007, 06:58 PM
cinders

Well... as you can see... im a happy girl!!

I went thinking that I would be the only new starter and I'd feel all odd not knowing what to do etc.... but it wasnt like that at all!

When i got there there were about a dozen other new starters!! some had been years ago but some were totally new like me! So I didnt feel like the new girl at all!!

Then at the begining all the new people had an introduction session where we went through the book and 'how to' was explained! Its all really easy - and i felt like i couldnt wait to get going!

Then after that is was a special night because they were having slimmer of the year award.... so three ladies had been chosen and they all told us how much they have lost so far and how it made them feel, then we got to vote on who should be slimmer of the year!

After that because it was a special night they had a little buffet on, where all the members had brought a small amount of 'slimming food' they told us how they had cooked it, and how many syns there was in it (or not as was mostly the case!) and we got to eat it! :rotfl:

Then the new people had their way in! I was dreading it... wondering if she would gasp at my weight! but..... she didnt! and as i always do i said all embarrassed.... "I have alot to go dont i! im a big girl!" and she just looked at me and said.... I had more to lose - you can do it!

And that was it! I paid my fee, recieved some lovely free fridge magnets with recipies on and went off home!!

Today has been brilliant! Ive eaten LOADS of fruit which is 'free food' and ive had cheese and ryvita and milk, and Ive just put in the oven a lovely smelling dish called Zesty cod parcels - with loads of Veg in the steamer... and the whole of dinner has NO syns in it! You can have ten syns a day, and up to now I have had 3 and a half! (so im sat wondering what I can have for 6 and a half syns!) :rotfl::rotfl:

When I got home last night the first thing i did was log onto the slimming world website (you get a different password each week so you can log in) A VERY clever way of making sure your clients have to pay to use the facility ever week!

Its so nice to hear all of you 'egging' me on and some of you beinig inspired to get healthy yourselves!! Im so glad that i posted my feelings about it! I think that so often weight becoomes a guilty taboo subject - and ther eis just no need for it to be!

Thank you all!!! Next installment soon! I'm off to read up on some new recipe ideas for tomorrow now!! Its a green day tomorrow so something with lots of pasta or rice!! and a little meat too as a healthy extra of course!! With as much veg as i can fit in!!
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:27 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Good to read your update cinders.....your supper sounded delish!!
Air
x
Unread 09-05-2007, 09:11 AM

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Slimming

Well done ,your doing really well,keep us posted !!
Unread 09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
cinders

O my goodness!!

IM soooo tired! I have been awake or disturbed during the night alot by dreaming or thinking about Red days and green days and syns!! :rotfl:

You think I spent too much time with my slimming world book yesterday?

O well... at least with no job I could sleep late today! :rotfl:

Right.. im off to sign up with that agency today!
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jelleybabe is on a distinguished road

Hi Cinders,
How did you get on tonight? Have you been good all week and stuck to the diet? I join on the Wednesday and have stuck to the diet and not felt hungry at all, but I just hope I have lost some weight.

Let us know

Sarah
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
cinders

Hi Sarah!

well done for joining... its so easy isnt it! I keep wondering why I havent done this before!!

I lost 2 and a half pounds this week!! which isnt alot i know BUT its still a loss AND apparently the slower you loses the more liely you are to keep it off! so im happy with that!!!

yes i stuck to the diet ALL week and even had a little treat of a freddo bar while i was out on my marathon 10 mile cycle!! So im happy! Im finding im eating much much more of a variety of food with this and eating much better!! I do find planning my meals out a little tiring though... I sat and did some yesterday and after an hour i waas totally fed up and vowed never to eat or look at food again! lolol BUT.... I have put all of my 'menu's' onto the computer and then it will get to a point where i can just pick a week and print it out!

My boyfriend if also following the diet unofficially and has lost weight too! So hopefully we will both be thinner happier fitter people ina few months time!!

Let me know how you get on on Wednesday!! What is your group like? What is the consultaant like? im not sure ima 100% happy with mine - im thinking about changing to another group! maybe they are all the same?