Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tlr.x is on a distinguished road
Default Confused! Knowledge ..

I'm currently doing my NVQ level 2 in childcare, and I'm getting on pretty well with it.
However before, I came across a post about the knowledge 'questions'. Someone mentioned that you don't actually write the answers out, or explain the question, but you need to cover these by reflective accounts etc etc.
I know they aren't questions as such, but I have however written about every single one, explaining what it asks, or what I would do and how I would achieve it, e.g.:
You must know and understand the following:
K2D64 The relationship between self esteem, confidence and resilience.
High self-esteem helps to build confidence that you need to take risks and try new things. This helps you to build the resilience you need to overcome setbacks, failures and helps to stay positive. People who have low self-esteem tend to focus on negative things about themselves, which decreases confidence.

Is this the right way to answer/explain?! I have covered all of the PC's already, with reflective accounts, visits by my assessor etc.
Sorry if this makes no sense.. lol. Thanks in advance :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

that sounds right might want to add that confidence and self esteem build reslince so child can deal with sudden changes or unexpected changes but your answer and set out are brilliant.

T
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Meena is on a distinguished road

hi :) your on the right path! but you need to relate this to the work you do with children and give examples to back up what you have just explained. hope this helps!! i feel abit today lol sorry if it doesnt help :blush:
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

purple princess is on a distinguished road

Hi, i too seen the comments about the KS`S but like you i have been answering all mine and from what you wrote i would say that your on the right track with them. so far what i have handed in has been marked as ok by my assesor. keep up the good work, have you got much left to do?
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Oh good I was worried for a minute then!
Thanks tinajpatterson, I'll add that in :)

Meena, yeah I have related the other questions to what I do, I just don't quite know how to link this one in :S

Thanks very much I really appreciate the replies :)
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:37 PM

purple princess, I've got about 30 questions left, including the knowledge from the additional unit. My assessor is the only thing really holding me back, she hasn't assessed me on anything for ages!
How far have you gotten?
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM

umm tlr, you could include how they depend on eachother for example, if a child has low confidence, this effects their self esteem and resilience. by improving one of these it can help develop them all :)
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM

you could give an example like; encouraging a child to complete a puzzle, once theyv finished it you praise them, this boosts their confidence and self esteem, because they will then believe they CAN achieve something! this effects their resilience too as they will then feel more confident to try new and more challenging activities. but praise and encouragement is vital through all of this, even if they find it difficult to complete you should support them. i hope this helps!
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:52 PM

I can't thank you enough Meena! You've been a huge help :)
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:56 PM

happy to help :):) are you going to do level 3 after this??