Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Selina is on a distinguished road
Default Im stuck....all over again lol

Hey Guy's,

Im have to do an essay on Theories of learning and research in early childhood!!

I have to write an essay considering the impact of significant and emerging theory or research findings on my own practise and understanding.

It has to underpin the EYFS and draw on a range of social, cultural and scientific frameworks

demonstrate understanding of planning for and devloping and evaluating childrens learning, using theoretical and practical sources to justify decisions

Reflect upon my won growing unbderstanding of research theory and hsow evidence or reading and evaluating the meaning and validaty of what i have read..

I just do not get what i have to write about at all!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

have you read your core reading list?
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM

Hi,

yes i have and ive ordered a few books although to be honest that still doesn't explain much.

Im just not certain reagrding what it is asking me to 'write about' :(

Oh well i guess il just have to take the risk and go with what i think it say's lol.
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:19 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

to be honest selina the way you have written it is pretty straightforward if i was to say it simpler it would prob sound the same!! have you got chance of working on it in class or a quick tutorial?
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:50 AM

Hey

It does sound straightfoward yes, i think i get it, just wanted to check if i was right! my teacher really confused me (and the whole class, honestly lol). Thank you i think i should be ok, i got a good initative thankfully so even if i dont have the teachers support il just do it myself!!!!