Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-16-2017, 10:50 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

looleeuk is on a distinguished road
Research What do Ofsted need to be notified of?

I'm doing my Level 3 STLiS and my assessor has pinged back part of my assignment on Health and Safety, asking, in relation to fire, missing child and stranger on the premises, would Ofsted need to be notified? The fact she's pointed this out to me makes me think the answer is yes, but googling all kinds of policies and Ofsted requirements, nothing comes up matching that Ofsted need to be notified of those situations? So then I'm thinking is it more that I need to just actually write - Ofsted don't need to be informed in these situations?

Many thanks.
Lucy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

wendybiv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by looleeuk View Post
I'm doing my Level 3 STLiS and my assessor has pinged back part of my assignment on Health and Safety, asking, in relation to fire, missing child and stranger on the premises, would Ofsted need to be notified? The fact she's pointed this out to me makes me think the answer is yes, but googling all kinds of policies and Ofsted requirements, nothing comes up matching that Ofsted need to be notified of those situations? So then I'm thinking is it more that I need to just actually write - Ofsted don't need to be informed in these situations?

Many thanks.
Lucy
The answer is indeed yes!