Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-11-2008, 03:35 PM
kencokenco

help with cooking activity please

Hi, im new to this forum, im currently doing my ccld level3 and must say have the site extremely useful.

BUT my assessor is coming in on the monday we go back to pre-school and my manager has decided she wants me to do some kind of activity of cooking making something that involves bananas. ONLY CATCH BEING we do not have an oven or even a microwave in the preschool. So it has to be something easy like a smoothie or banana sandwiches. My manager doesnt want banana sandwiches but wants something differnt with a catchy name. HELP. I am completelty lost now, I have thuoght about trying to do something with bananas in bowl and incorparating crushed digestive biscuits, how or what am I going to do, any simple suggestions would be gratefully received.

Starting to panick now and I cannot even practice any thing as home at the mo as my 6 yr old son has just had sirgery 2 days ago and cannot go out for at least a week as he is unable to walk. Totally stressed now.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
kencokenco

Excuse the above spelling mistakes, trying to rush what I wanted to say to sort the kids out. Sorry.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi & welcome to Silkysteps.

Umm what about Banana Boomerangs ??

Smoothies sound like a great idea, and for those not keen on bananas other fruits like Strawberrries, raspberries, grapes, tinned fruit - peaches, tangerines etc could be on offer.

If the children can make up their own individual smoothies you could let them choose and chop up 3 different pieces of fruit and then drop it into their own cup until ready to blitz !!

The boomerang bit could be the 'labels that the children can put thier name on / colour in and then attach to a chunky straw with a small double sided foam sticky pad - add the straw to the finished smoothie ..

The label & straw could always be pre made at home or planned for separately if it's easier to have the sole focus of the activity on the fruit & method ..

Hth

Enjoy yourself here
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

How about 'bananabocker glories' layers of bananas/fruit, crushed biscuits and yoghurt with a squirt of cream and a cherry on top (budget permitting!). Put in see though plastic cups so they can see the layers.
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:27 PM
kencokenco

Default thankyou

Thankyou to both of you, they are both brilliant ideas. I am going to try them with my kids and see what happens.

I appreciate your help with this. I just haven't had the time to think of anything this week because my little one has been in hospital and I also have my knowledge questions to do for unit 301. (although when I can tackle those are another post) lol.

Many thanks both of you and will let you know how it went down with the children at pre-school.
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

You could use mixes like Angel Delight to add to your creations, all you need is water and a whisk.
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
kencokenco

Default recipe

Thanks Chell, I was thinking about the yogurt but the instant whip is proberly going to work a bit better than yoghurt, I am using all your ideas and trying to incorporate them into one, Although my kids think its fun at the moment with all the trial and error im doing. I will eventually get it right(lol).
Many thanks for your help
Unread 04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

There are a few no cook recipes if you go through the Big Cook Little Cook recipes. Todays episode had the recipe for savoury paint pots.
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:42 PM
noah

ooh this reminded me of worms in mud...

we use a plastic see through cup and children put in layers of angel delight jelly and biscuits, chocolate drops or anything you can think of that is a brown, sandy or green colour, and top it all off with a sweet snake or creepy crawly.. children love making them and must admit to parents saying they taste yummy!!