Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-17-2008, 09:42 AM
ladybird

Wide Eyed Please explain ...

My assessor 'bobbed' into nursery today, to drop me details of the next unit she wants me to begin, 312, which she'd forgotten. She also told me I should be writing 'Candidate Accounts' for each unit (I've done five!!) but she'd 'forgotten' to mention them. Basically she told me to use the standards for each, and write inpresent tense.....Just wondered if that's all I need to know?! My room supervisor then needs to write witness testomonies - which shes never done before either! Thanks in advance x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
loo-lar

I have nt had to do candidate accounts and i have now completed all units just got a few oral questions to do from my assesor yey.....what are candidate accounts anyway,witness testomonies are for your evidence to say how you carried out activitys or tasks etc, my supervisor didnt do any of those for me tho, they can also be from parents too, eg, if you have helped settle their child into group and they were very pleased with your approach etc....hope this helps..
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
ladybird

Well done loo-lar, can't wait till I'm done too! Candidate accounts are supposedly an account of how I work, but I must cover each single standard, for each unit and I have to write in the present tense. I was told my supervisor then has to write statements to say that she has witnessed me doing each thing. To be honest I'm not getting much input from my assessor at all, everything feels like too much trouble for her...coming to work without details of the next unit, when that's why she was coming?!
Unread 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Hija

hi :) I am nearly done but my witness testimonies and reflective accounts helped me a lot! basically what I did was to join ALL from all units questions that where connected e.g. communication, risk assessment, I would put that on a piece of paper, and write about them, how does it work in my nursery and how do I do it, I have covered PC and knowledge questions with that.
Witness Testimonies are hard to get but are good source of evidence. My work colleague did few for me. My assessor told me what units and bits she wants me to cover with w. test. But if she did not tell you wait to the end and cover everything when You finish your assessments. I was really cross when I had witness testimony and my assessor covered it all again with A... I could have used that for something else... anyway I was giving my colleague the questions that I needed her to cover and she would right... Hija can plan activities for children bla bla... Hija was talking to a parent about the child day and said... bla bla... she had the questions so she knew what to write. I can only have 9 W test. so I had to use them wise.
hope that makes sense, excuse my English :)