Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Eagles4ever

Default Feelings activity??? re K3D175

My assessor has asked me to do a "feelings activity" for her next visit to cover K3D175.

On the day she's coming I'm minding a 4 year old and a 2 year old.

I've gone completely blank - can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

Sue x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
loo-lar

shaving foam on a table top is always a good one kids love it very sensory and messy i did this for my level 2 and we still use it and is always popular, drawing faces in the foam and talking about being a happy or sad face etc....works well for all stages of development....
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Eagles4ever

Thanks Loo-lar. Might be messy but the kids will smell nice when they've finished!!!!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

That's a great activity another one is playdough faces, rolling smiley mouths and sad ones. Mirrors are good to include if the children would like to have a go at pulling faces & practicing other expressions in..

If needed add some pasta shapes or beads to the activity so that they can be used as other facial features or hair maybe !!
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:24 PM
sweeties

have u tried gloop its corn flower and some water. when u touch it it feels hard when u pick it up it goes to water. really fun but very messy.
or other ideas i use in work could be jelly, pasta, rice, peas, water, sand play. or you could do a treasure basket where u put different textures in a boxs and let them have a feel. hope this helps and good luck with the observation
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I thought you meant feelings as in emotions... and was going to suggest the teaching mitts (about half way down the page) from here -

http://www.chelltune.co.uk/teaching-...10f7cdf99c1003

Oops! :laughing:
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Eagles4ever

Hi Sarah, you're right I did mean feelings as in emotions. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Those mitts look great - I may have to order some of them.
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
NikkiG

Hi If you want to do a cooking activity I have a great receipe for face biscuits made out of chocolate dough and vanilla, the children can construct a face with the chocolate and have a vanilla face or visa versa, you can make the mix in advance as it works better chilled.
Good luck
NikkiG
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Eagles4ever

Hi Nikki, that sounds great.

Could you let me have the recipe please.

Sue x