Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-12-2008, 03:58 PM
littleyorky

Help SOS 337 p.c's observation

hi, just one more observation by my assessor to cover the last few p.c's. please can anyone suggest how i might cover 337.1 p.c's implement behaviour policies,procedures and strategies.
many thanks
little me x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
lsp

hi there,
well i covered this one by a reflective account explaining how i'd talked to the children about how we deal with behaviour in schools. we have a thing called a tracking sheet which records when a child has behaviour that the school don't accept their name is then written on it with explanation of what they have done and they get different consequences for the different amount of times they appear on it. they also get rewards such as stickers and certificates for the good things that they do. hope this helps
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

anitak is on a distinguished road

Hi there.

I have taken this to mean how you deal with childrens behaviour on a daily basis, and this would be covered quite naturally within any day/observation.

Presumably your setting has a behaviour policy detailing how you deal with unwanted behaviour - resolving childrens differences, squabbles etc. This happens every day, so hopefully would occur in an observation - could be particularly in free play or circle time.

If it doesnt happen while your assessor is there you can then talk through an instance where you have had a child with persistent unwanted behaviour and what steps you have taken to manage it (IEP/talk to parents/other colleagues/general strategies used, such as choosing to leave the circle if not listening etc).

Hope this helps.
anitak
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
loo-lar

I have covered this myself by 1..an observation on behaviour from unit 303, showing how i put in place stratergies for promoting wanted behaviour and then a few weeks later aother obs on same child to see if stratergies had any effect on child...2,...a reflective account on planned stratergies between staff and parent of child whos behaviour was aggressive towards other children....my assesor asked me oral questions also on our behaviour policy......hope this helps...
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
littleyorky

cheers for your replies.
i thought i had covered this in another observation but the assessor wants more. i think it may be a good idea to do the talk with the children about how we deal with behaviour in school and also discuss with the teacher and put strategies in place for one child with behavioural difficulties and follow their progress. thanks for all your help.