Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:07 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

C-spro11 is on a distinguished road
I have a question 2.1 and 2.2 level 2 external factors

Hi I hope you can help.

I am doing my level 2 and I completely gone blank on a piece of work I am doing. On the 2.1 2.2 unit there is a table, it says “complete the table showing how external factors can have a negative or positive impact on children and young peoples development”

I am really stuck on
social factors (working class- middle class)

Education ( schools attended college etc)

Cultural factors

I have no clue what to write or how to start it or anything please can anyone help

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site.

social factors (working class- middle class) will be about income and the opportunities that offers to children for example to be with others, practice their communication skills and enjoy learning in different, safe, enviroments.

Working class families will struggle more to provide healthy food choices and diet, opportunities to be active - trips out, clubs, group activities and toys, clothing, household and personal products that impact on personal hygiene and health.

Page 96 of this CYPW level 2 handbook states:

Poverty.
How much money a family has to live on seems to have an impact on development. There are many reasons for this. Firstly, parents who are struggling to make ends meet may be very stressed. This can affect their *parenting style. Then lack of money can also mean that families cannot affiord to eat properly or to live in nice areas. It alos means that families cannot al;ways afford to do thinigs that help children's learning such as buy a computer or take their children out on visits.

*parenting styles p.95

Most parents want to do the best for their children. Some parents find it harder than others to know quite what theyshould do with their children. This means that some parents can be too strict. while others may be too relaxed. Others find they may go from one extreme to another. Some parents may find it hard to show their love and approval,, so their relationships with their children are more strained. Parents can also find it hard to know what they shoudl do as their children grow up and beciome teenagers. P{arenting style seems to be an important responsibility. It also seems to maje a difference in terms of helping children to feel settled emotionally.

p.97 Sleep

As well as medical conditions, sleep can also have an influence on children's development.

Sufficient sleep is essential for children's cognitive development. When children are tired, they find it hard to remember new information and to concentrate/ Some parents are not aware of just how much sleep children and uyoung people need. It is thought that children under five should be having at least 12 hours sleep, while teenagers need nine to ten hours. Being tired also affects children's social and emotional development. Children who are tired find it hard to control their anger, frustration and other emotions. This means that they may find it hard to play with other children without falling out.

Guidance on sleep NHS.uk

Education is proved by different places and each of those will have a range of individual's attending depending on a child's age, their stage of development and the finances available to them eg. private and state run nurseries and schools.

P. 97 of the handbook:

Opportuniuties for education and learning
Some childrem are lucky because they have plenty of different opportunities for education and learning. They may go to a good childminder, pre-school or nursery. As they get older, they may be able to go to a school that has goof facilities and teachers. Children may be in an environment where talent can be nurtured: foir example, a child who has a natural talent for singing may be noticed and encouraged to play an imstument.

P.98 Culture/ Religion

Every family is slightly different. Each famaily will have its own traditions, values, beleifs/ One faamily will beleive that sitting down for a meal together is important, while another family will not care about this. Some traditions in families are linked to their religion or culture. Some children who grow up in families that have a strong identity. Other children may find it difficult because their family is different to their friend's or because they feel restricted by what their parents or family want them to do.

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

C-spro11 is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I am still waiting for my text book to arrive through College. But this has helped a lot