Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Lymeleader

Default sef

I have just spent all day,doing the early years self evalution form ,and I still have not finished it
Could anyone tell me how to make this work load easlier,or will I still be doing it to Christmas!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

I'm doing mine tomorrow - or should I say starting it tomorrow. xxxx
Unread 08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Lymeleader

good luck,let me know how you get on,if you can finish it in one day, I will give you a gold star
x
Unread 08-28-2008, 09:14 PM

Well, I sat down with my deputy - we looked at it....... then put it back in the folder and had lunch and a good long chat instead - think that's what's called 'burying (s?) ones head in the sand' syndrome!

oh well...... there's always tomorrow!

xxxxx
Unread 08-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

suewhit is on a distinguished road

well cabin I thought we where the only group that had the sand syndrome !
sue
Unread 08-29-2008, 10:30 AM

and parents think it's there for the children to play in!!!!

xxx
Unread 08-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Lymeleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Well, I sat down with my deputy - we looked at it....... then put it back in the folder and had lunch and a good long chat instead - think that's what's called 'burying (s?) ones head in the sand' syndrome!

oh well...... there's always tomorrow!

xxxxx
Nice one!!
I spent the next day doing it,and it does not feel like its getting any where,so Im giving up on it,until I go back to Pre-School, and then
I'll have another go with the staff help, not that they will want to do it!!!!!:laughing:
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Brandy is on a distinguished road

we have done it it took us quite a long time having 2 things to refer to eg the guidance and the form, made it very time consuming, it took us a day to get it sorted and now we have finally got our code to get it online, and i expect that will be another story how long that will take!
When i first started in playgroup 9 yrs ago it was very different not half so much paperwork, i can see why we need to do it, but its having the time, in a busy setting, we did it in our own time in the hols otherwise we would never have got it done.
Unread 09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Lymeleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
we have done it it took us quite a long time having 2 things to refer to eg the guidance and the form, made it very time consuming, it took us a day to get it sorted and now we have finally got our code to get it online, and i expect that will be another story how long that will take!
When i first started in playgroup 9 yrs ago it was very different not half so much paperwork, i can see why we need to do it, but its having the time, in a busy setting, we did it in our own time in the hols otherwise we would never have got it done.
Would it be too much trouble for you to send me a copy,so i can see where am going wrong
I would be really realy gratefull
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:23 PM

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymeleader View Post
Would it be too much trouble for you to send me a copy,so i can see where am going wrong
I would be really realy gratefull
it wouldnt be much use as every setting does things in a different way to meet the welfare requirements, eg you might do home visits with working with parents, we dont do this, we basically looked at what we did, why we did it what was the benefits and how we could improve it and set targets for things we feel we need to improve, lots of reflection.