Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:04 PM
ladybird

Help SOS Help, I'm panicking!! : first assessment on unit 301

My tutor is coming to nursery tomorrow to observe me, for the first time. The observations are to cover 301, developing and promoting relationships. Thought I had the ideal activity planned, but I was just wondering what other people had planned for theirs. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved...I'm so nervous

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

No advice sorry .. big hugs, I'm sure everything will be great
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:25 PM
littleyorky

observations

hi ladybird,
i too was very nervous of my first observation but i'm sure you'll be fine.
all i can say is that alot of my p.c's were covered more by what i said than the activity i was doing. encourage all children to participate, encourage good listening/looking and positive behaviour, praise efforts regardless of end result,allow each child to have a turn, use appropriate language according to age, encourage putting hands up not shouting out, encourage children to ask questions or say if they don't understand, show that you yourself are listening to each child and don't dismiss their ideas,ask open ended questions that allow children to make suggestions, check each childs work if in a group, to adapt your behaviour you may need to use a clear firm voice when discipline is necessary. repeat back to a child what they have said to show you understand them, confirm tasks with teacher, be confident!!!!
good luck x

Last edited by littleyorky : 02-18-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: mistake in the grammar
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Buzzybees is on a distinguished road

agree with above! I've just had a 3 hour ob done, I am so tired now but had loads covered:reading:
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
ladybird

Thanks everyone

Thank you all, for your advice and hugs! I feel sooooo much better just reading your messages - I actually am looking forward to it now! I'll let you know how I get on
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:52 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
Thank you all, for your advice and hugs! I feel sooooo much better just reading your messages - I actually am looking forward to it now! I'll let you know how I get on
how did it go? not as bad you you first thought I hope
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
loo-lar

Hi ladybird, one piece of advice for you...relax, be yourself, and try to forget your assessor isnt there..She isnt trying to catch you out just watching you interact with the children and you colleagues,
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM
ladybird

Al done!

It's all over .. and my tutor said it was an excellent first assessment! So a big thank you again. Your comments really helped me, and I really did forget she was there and actually enjoyed it. My babies were wonderful too, and other members of staff dropped into the baby room so I could interact with them. I won't see her again now until 9th April, so I have 3 units to do this time. 314, 312 and 307 - all optional, though my tutor picked them for me. My next assesment will be on 314, but I've had one now so at least I know what to expect x
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:18 PM
littleyorky

well done!!

hi ladybird,
well done on your observation. now the first one is over the rest will be a breeze!!!
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
It's all over .. and my tutor said it was an excellent first assessment! So a big thank you again. Your comments really helped me, and I really did forget she was there and actually enjoyed it. My babies were wonderful too, and other members of staff dropped into the baby room so I could interact with them. I won't see her again now until 9th April, so I have 3 units to do this time. 314, 312 and 307 - all optional, though my tutor picked them for me. My next assesment will be on 314, but I've had one now so at least I know what to expect x
314 is a lovely unit, you'll enjoy this one