Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > Plants - fruit veg flowers trees

Plants - fruit veg flowers trees activity ideas to share the names of flowers, trees, fruit and vegetables

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-15-2020, 08:11 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

feehunter is on a distinguished road
Default Kinds of plants you're growing this pandemic

Hi there,

There are growing numbers of people who are into plants during these pandemic, even our co-teachers, co-workers have decided to start growing their own collection of plants in their backyard as their hobby.

I myself started planting different kinds of vegetables in our backyard and then later used those to teach my students the benefits of veggies while introducing each of my veggie plants to them.

So aside from veggie plants, anyone here started collecting their own plants? All is welcome!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-23-2020, 10:32 AM

whooshfencing is on a distinguished road

I was actually had no choice since isolation was taking a toll on me, that's why I started helping my mom taking care of her orchids. In all honesty, it's been quite a good time taking responsibility for my mom's plants. I didn't think that I would be this happy to say this. Lol
Unread 01-06-2021, 01:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bronlearn is on a distinguished road

What's the best vegetable that you can grow in your own backyard easily? Curious to know which of the vegetables around can be grown with low maintenance.
Unread 01-20-2021, 02:08 PM

feehunter is on a distinguished road

Luffa Silk Squash is the best for me for the reason that I can use this very nutritious veggy in majority of my dishes. And it grows fast and produce lots of fruits! You should check this out!