Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezmoo View Post
Hi

I am a mature student doing the course as a home learning. If anyone wants a study partner I am here. Need to get my head into this so any support will be gratefully recd. Thanks
What assignment are you on currently? I'm doing the first one, struggling to know what to use for evidence, struggling on the theories section and having just had another look at my course folder, I'm now wondering whether how I've answered the various tasks is completely in the wrong format!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kezmoo is on a distinguished road

Hey kat67.

I am on the first one also. I have no idea what I am doing. Thought I would be ok as I have a degree but this is so confusing. Also I can't find anything about evidence. I have noticed everyone is mentioning it on here but I can't see anything in my notes that says I have to put in evidence? Help
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezmoo View Post
Hey kat67.

I am on the first one also. I have no idea what I am doing. Thought I would be ok as I have a degree but this is so confusing. Also I can't find anything about evidence. I have noticed everyone is mentioning it on here but I can't see anything in my notes that says I have to put in evidence? Help
I think I've finally got my head around the learning theory one this afternoon.... or at least I've managed to actually write something that looks as though it might be along the right lines! As for the others, if you put the task title in google, it'll bring up plenty of links, quite a lot for this forum actually, where people have put ideas and examples of answers. Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to copy what others have written because you need to show you understand it for a start, but it does help sometimes to get you started. For the theory ones I've decided to just pick a few of the people and write a bit about what their theory was and then say how that is applied in a classroom setting today. I'm hoping this is right, perhaps if someone reads this and thinks I'm completely off the mark they can tell me?!

As for the evidence, there's a section at the beginning of my course notes folder that tells me that I need to submit evidence to prove that I have understood the subject matter, things like observation/assessments, professional discussions and reflective diaries. I'm really unsure about how much evidence I need to submit and what to use where but I'm hoping one of the teachers at school might help me a little there to be honest. Again, if anyone else on here can give me an indication, it would be most appreciated.
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Who are u doing the course with? How are u doing the evidence for the theories section then? Still unable to find anything in my notes to say I have to do that, I think I will have to contact them and ask. I am going to have a look tonight and I will let u know how I get on. By the sounds of it I would say you are on the right lines tho.
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:01 PM

I hope I am or else I've wasted an entire afternoon and this evening doing it LOL. I'm not exactly putting evidence in separately for the theories, just making it part of my report by saying how the theories are applied, such as Skinner's behaviourist theory where positive reinforcement is used, i.e., praise for children that are behaving well but ignoring bad behaviour.

I'm doing the course with the eLearning Centre/Study House. I think the website I went through was Direct Learning College or something like that.... there's a whole section in the course folder for 'Building Your Portfolio of Evidence'. Sadly, it just doesn't seem to say how much evidence they are expecting :/ xx
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Woohooo - I think I've done it! Well, other than sorting out my supporting evidence. Not at all sure whether I've done enough on that theories section, but I'd rather them send it back for me to do more than waste time doing work that I don't need to do. Might start looking at the next assignment now - thank you all for the replies and posts on this thread.... somehow, just expressing my worries and hearing that there are others out there feeling the same, it helped!
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Hi girls, i have been chatting with some of you on here and am quite happy to say, through no help at all from my tutor, i have passed 1,2,3 and 4. If you need any help at all just shout..............struggling with assignment 5 at the mo but hoping to get it finished this week before Easter............xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Well done kat67. Think I am doing the same as u and going to send assign one in and see what the tutor has to say rather than write stuff for no reason.

Thanks stoneat any help is appreciated. Didn't realise how hard I would find this. Cracked on with it last night and feel almost ready to send assign one in. could do with the support as the tutors aren't fab.
Unread 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM

Ah, thanks for that Stonenat! Well, I had a great chat with one of the teachers in school today and she was much more helpful than the tutor and course notes they sent me so I feel a lot more positive about it all now. I'm going to get my evidence done for assignment one and get that signed off and then I can send that in. I'm also going to have a bash at starting the next one which for me is Safeguarding Children. If any of you haven't got the book I bought a couple of weeks ago, I definitely recommend it because it's been a godsend to me and already I think it's going to be great for the next assignment. It's Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (Primary) by Louise Burnham and Brenda Baker. I think this is the latest version of it and covers the units brilliantly!
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Ooo I will have to get that book. My next one is the same as yours. I am going to hand my first one in at the end of the week and also crack on with number two. Let me know how u get on.