Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Default repetative Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I know the feeling

I've been observed on 401 (just need to write up 401.3 and all the knowledge specifications for this unit. I've done most of 404 & 425 & 429 (again just need to do some of the knowledge specifications).

I need to get my btm into gear and get writing!!!

It'll be great to have someone to bounce ideas off
Hi

Did you find that the questions were repetative especially the last ten. I have just come to them now and feel that i have already answered them in earlier questions.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sparky is on a distinguished road

I agree. Its just seems such a waste of time. All I keep doing is repeating myself
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I agree. Its just seems such a waste of time. All I keep doing is repeating myself
sometimes i cross reference the questions to save so much writing, dont know if thats what you do, i found 425 kept repeating questions so i wrote a bit and refered to the question similar.
Unread 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM

My assessor told me that the external verifiers like each of the knowledge specifications on a separate page which I think is absolutely ridiculous - what a waste of paper, ink and my time!!!
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:06 PM

we were told we could cross reference, even accross units so if youve covered it in say 401 you can cross reference it to 403, it does seem silly writing it out twice, we were also asked to try and keep our nvq to 1 folder, but mines not going to fit, ive written too much, so i think ill need 2 folders, i didnt realise it was so much work, but never mind im plodding on, nearly done 403 just the assignment to do, thats quite a lot on its own, child dev 0-16, theorists etc, lets hope the next units not so big.
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:16 PM

I think I need a meeting with my assessor. I haven't seen her since before the summer break. I need motivating as i'm just getting more and more fed up with it all
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:39 AM

Id give her a ring and tell her how your feeling, im sure she will give you some support, it can get quite tiring working and doing NVQ as time is a big factor and we have also got home life too, have you any others in your group you could meet up with and bounce ideas off, i m lucky as 2 of us are in the same setting doing it, so we can support each other, if i get fed up i have a rest from it for a few days and set my self a target when to get into it again, i have found 403 loads of work, and felt really fed up in the summer hols, i think you do need support from others, i set myself little targets for each unit and then do it bit by bit, if i look at the whole thing i think arragh!
Its good we can post on here, its very supportive especially when you need a pointer in the right direction and its free which is great.
Hope you get on ok, id give her a ring.
Unread 11-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Thanks Brandy - you are so right. I'll do that
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:42 PM

My assessor came round today. We went through my file and she managed to sign off 3 of my units (404, 429 and 425). That made me feel so much better about it all.

I've just got a little bit of 401 to do and then that can be signed off too :rotfl:

She has given me work to do on:-

412 - Evaluate and co-ordinate the environment for chilren and families
418 - Co-ordinate and support the revision of policies, procedures and practice for registration and inspection
428 - Health and Safety (I think)

Then I just need to do the 2 horrid units 402 and 403

My assessor is coming out again in January to collect what i've done and then do an observation to cover 412 & 418

How is everyone else getting on?
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:14 AM

ive done 401, just needs signing off by internal verifier, 425 is signed off, 407 my assessor is going to do some observations and then hopefully that will be done, 403 she going to do an observation and I need to finish off some bits for k4d807 and hopefully that unit will be done, 403 has been the most difficult and challenging for me as it was a lot of work and research on theorists, so ill be glad when its finished, i got really fed up with it at one stage, not sure which one to do next, ive got 3 units waiting to be done, might tackle Unit 423: Allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in your area of responsibility anyone done that yet, hope its not so big as 403!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Brandy : 11-29-2007 at 06:50 PM.