Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Patsy

Yes,I like the fighting spirit.Keep it up and let us know how Monday goes.lol

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,
Well I walked into work yesterday with my head held high. Because I' d walked in so confidently a few members of staff and committee were unsure how to react to me. I walked in smiling and said good morning and got on with my work as if I hadn't been off for a weeks forced sick leave.
At the end of my shift I asked the chair if anything had been put in writing because as I'd been to the CAB they would like to see what had been recorded because they were unhappy with the way I had been treated! I was told it was unneccessary to go to the CAB because it had all been sorted and I was now back at work and they thought I was happy. I explained that I was disgusted with the treatment I had received and that I had only come back because I didn't want to let the children down, the children were my priority. She walked away flustered. I felt so good I had stood up to her. When I went back today there was a completely different atmosphere, everyone treated my like royalty. They thinki if they are nice to me now I will stop fighting but its not just about me, if I don't do anything now they will continue to treat other people like this and get away with it. I think they picked on the wrong person this time!!
Thankyou everyone for your support. FARLEYS
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Highfive

WELL DONE THAT GIRL

Farleys, I am so proud of you (I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone there) you did the right thing going back with your head held high. Keep them flustered for a good long while, they have no right to treat anybody the way they did you! Make sure you follow it up with the CAB, then maybe they'll think twice next time.

Just for you, because you deserve it:
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:27 PM

Thankyou. Every staff and committee member have been very nice to me this week. Everything I've asked them to do they have done straight away no questions asked!! I'm sure they think I'll drop the matter if they are nice to me now. I'm following up still with the CAB, It will take a couple of weeks for me to take things further but I will take it further. Just wonder how long people can be nice to me for!! They are in for a big shock, especially as the parents have been told I had a nervous breakdown, they must feel really comfortable leaving their children with me in charge after being told that. I will keep you updated with what happens so if others are ever in the same position as I was, you won't have to put up with it. you will know what to do. Thankyou again for your support. FARLEYS
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Unfair!!

:raspberry Oh I am so proud of you!!! It is wonderful to hear that you stood up to them and now they are not too sure what to do! Enjoy the children and let them shake in their boots!wondering what you are going:talktothe to do!!:rotfl:
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Patsy

Well done.Id demand that they put a letter up and send a letter to all parents telling them that you did NOT have a nervous break down and if they fail to do so tell them youll report them to Ofsted .This is victimisation and as you say if you let them get away with it they are likely to try it on someone who isnt as strong as you.Go for it,youve got them with their tales between a rock and a hard place.Plus I would bemand a written apology and for it to be put in your works record.
Unread 05-13-2006, 03:26 PM

I put on the parents noticeboard in very big writing, 'Thankyou to all the parents who have offered kind words to me this week following my week off, but just to put the record straight, I DID NOT HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!'. The committee said I couldn't do that and took it down but most parents had already seen it.I asked if I could have in writing a letter of apology to put in my staff file and was told no. I have my staff appraisal soon and have mentioned it where they ask if you are unhappy about anything, because it will have to be answered and my staff appraisal stays on file for OFSTED to see,They are due in soon!
Unread 05-13-2006, 04:06 PM
cinders

Farleys your a hero!!!!!

WELL DONE YOU!!!!

Seems you have done all of the right things!!! Let us knkow what happens next!!! I sooooo wish id had the strength to stand up to my ex-employer!! but at the time i didnt! O well! I saw him the other day and well...his face was a picture!!! lol but i wont go into details as you never know who is reading!!! but I would just like to say to my ex-employer who treated me and other SHOCKINGLY.... :neenernee :neenernee :neenernee

Unread 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Patsy

KEEP IT UP GIRL.If they dont want to learn the easy way let them learn the hard way.lol
Unread 05-23-2006, 02:20 PM

Hello, just a quick update, committee asked me to drop the matter as I was now back at work and should put everything behind me! I said it was too late because it had happened too many times before and if I didn't do anything about it, it would happen again. Anyway things began to get nasty, can't say too much as my complaint is being followed up and being investigated as we speak!! I have continued to walk into work with my head held high. I have got a new job in september and can't wait. My employer will get a shock when I hand in my notice after half term, 3 other members of staff are also handing their notice in after half term because they are disgusted with the way I have been treated. Will let you know the outcome as soon as I'm allowed but I will win!!! FARLEYS