Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec302 is on a distinguished road

Hiya Portchesterqueen

Iv just started my degree at the end of january but iv jumped straight in at level 2 because i completed an NVQ level 4 CCLD. I could apply for credit transfer because i had already covered the aspects of level one in the NVQ 4.
I seem to be managing ok with finding time, i set aside two nights a week and a sat morning. I dont have any children and only have my sister living with me so its not too hectic.

I am lucky enough to get some time in work to do my uni work. I am currently acting manager in a day nursery so i organise my week so that i get an afternoon during work hours where i can cheat and get some uni stuff done

The stuff at the open uni is quite good, you get a weekly schedule that tells you what you should be reading, which audio and video bands you should watch or listen to and when you should start planning for assignments.
Iv got 7 assignments to do all together, and it seems to be one per month, my first deadline is the 24th feb, so im trying to do it now but im having a blank moment (or hours should i say) i understand all the content and the assignment question but i just cant seem to get started!!!!!!

I want to go on to achieve EYPS when i have completed the degree, another 12 months on top of the degree, better be worth it in the end!!! lol

best of luck with it

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rosieg is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am new to this forum and am pleased to have found somebody how has actually finished NVQ 4 and gone on to do the foundation degree. Was it easy to get on to the second year? I think you said you were doing it through the OU, did you find any other unis that would accept you on the second year?

I would love to hear how you get on. I am currently doing the level 4 with intention to go on to the foundation degree.....

rosieg
Unread 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec302 is on a distinguished road

Hi rosie

To be honest I didnt try to apply at any other unis as I didnt want to ask my employer for time off work. But im sure if the open university allow credit transfer then other unis would?
it really benefited my doing the level 4, as i did it on an e-learning course and completed it in 6 months, so this has really saved me alot of time and enabled me to skip a year of the degree.

How you finding the level 4? how far through are you? I enjoyed doing mine, but did get a little bored and un-motivated towards the end, but it was definately worth it.
With the degree, iv just finished my first assignment, on construction of childhood and discourses with the constructionist approach. Found it difficult to get going i must admit-sat looking at the screen for bwt 3 hours before i could start putting in to words what i was trying to say. i feel better now the first one is done, as im sure my tutor will point out my mistakes which will improve the next (hopefully)

bec
x
Unread 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rosieg is on a distinguished road

Hi Bec
Wow 6 months was going some. I seem to be just about managing to keep up, the course is run over 4 terms with breaks for the school holidays, we should be finished by the end of the summer term. I have just finished the core units and now am about to start the other 5. Your first assignment sounds hard - good luck, I would love to hear how you got on.
rosieg