Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sparky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
I findthe chat wheels good for this, i give one to parents new and existing to fill in then at the parents evenings we do one together. These are updated every couple of terms by both parties to see how the child's interests etc are developing
Is that something that you have devised or is it on the EYFS disc?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road

It was given to me by our children's centre teacher not really sure where he got it from if you would like can email a copy to you don't know if it will attach in a thread not fantastic with ict maybe one of my own children might know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chat wheel - shared thinking, ideas and conversation

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 02-26-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added link - Thank you :-)
Unread 02-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
It was given to me by our children's centre teacher not really sure where he got it from if you would like can email a copy to you don't know if it will attach in a thread not fantastic with ict maybe one of my own children might know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've sent you a PM with my email address
Unread 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Thanks for sending the early years chat wheel Kathy. We send something similar out before they start at Playgroup. I hadn't thought of using them in the Learning Journey or reviewing them either. So thank you very much
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:57 PM

I had a meeting today with our early years adviser and showed him that the chat wheel was in the first page of the lj's he said it was a really good idea and hadn't seen it there before, he also agreed on my idea of putting in revised ones that parents fill in with me at the consultations
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:36 PM

After talking to you - we have decided to put our "pre entry" sheets (which are similar to your chat wheels) in the front of our learning journeys. We have been using them to make sure we have things out they will like when they first start but filed them with their personal records forms. So thank you Kathie
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mcfly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hi kathie
sorry to sound checky put could you send me a copy to have a look at, i think it sounds like somthing i just been looking for :reading:
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:59 PM

That's fine if you pm your email then will forward it to you
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Ofsted arrived at our setting yesterday! Today was the day when she wanted to look at our observations and learning journeys. She wanted to look at: 4 yr old, 3 yr old, child with EAL, looked after child.

I'm so pleased as she was so impressed with our learning journeys and said they were the best she has seen since the implementation of EYFS

As you can imagine we are all on cloud 9!!!
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Well done with that, any tips for us. Just out of interest how much info do you put in yours, was told the other day i'd done too much with examples etc, not sure how you are supposed to prove the development matters are being achieved if you don't show evidence to back up what the child can do.I personally didn't think it was much, had pictures/photos with development matters and age next to it any clues!!!!!!!!!!!