Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

we have just been ofsteded and they didnt say anything about not having a l3 in playwork we both have l3 in childcare n education

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

You are right about needing the Transitional Award in Playwork if your early years qualification is NOT the CCLD (Children's Care, Learning and Development). i.e. The Diploma in Early Years and Education which covered birth to 8 years

Also there is a Transitional Award for qualified level 3 Playworkers to qualify as Early Years workers.
Unread 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM

You are right about needing the Transitional Award in Playwork if your early years qualification is NOT the CCLD (Children's Care, Learning and Development). i.e. The Diploma in Early Years and Education which covered birth to 8 years

Most inspectors will be OK with a NEEB taking a level 2 Playwork or the transitional award in playwork

PS Also there is a Transitional Award for qualified level 3 Playworkers to qualify as Early Years workers.
Unread 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM

Most inspectors will be OK with a NEEB taking a level 2 Playwork or the transitional award in playwork

PS Also there is a Transitional Award for qualified level 3 Playworkers to qualify as Early Years workers.
Unread 03-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses girl View Post
I stand corrected, however I was under the impression that the aim is for everyone working in playwork, with any childcare qualification level 3, needs the Playwork transitional award.

Check out the Out of School Alliance for all info on OOSC

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akel1111 View Post

ok thanks well both of ours are the ccld
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses girl View Post
I agree with Farleys, that leaders/supervisors should have level 3 Playwork at least, however in my area the courses are very rare and located miles away.
We have two level 3 and two level 2 playworkers and all the others are either Early Years, TA's or NNEB's, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about upskilling eveyone.
what area are you in? xx
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:59 AM

glasses girl is on a distinguished road

Lancashire
x
Unread 03-27-2010, 12:57 PM

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

i was told by an ofsted inspecter this week that everyone had to have a playwork level 3 whether they had the ccld or eye qualification.........the aim being that everyone in playwork will be recognised in their own right as a playworker not earlyyears practitioner
Unread 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARLEYS View Post
i was told by an ofsted inspecter this week that everyone had to have a playwork level 3 whether they had the ccld or eye qualification.........the aim being that everyone in playwork will be recognised in their own right as a playworker not earlyyears practitioner
well we were told different as long as everyone has a level 3 in childcare