Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Toni

If the voluntary management committee were doing their jobs correctly, you and all other staff members should have been given a copy of the group constitution. A copy should be on the parents notice board as well.
Don't do anything hasty and give in your notice yet.
How long as this person been on the committee?
Good luck, will be thinking of you.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Having a pro-active Committee Chair or having a re-active one...????...in todays 'busy' world parents have very little time to get 'involved' in the running of their children's pre-schools...with this in mind we are having to pay an Administrator to take on all the paperwork the current Chair does...sad to think we will now be 'fund' raising to pay the admin post not for resources for the children...makes me feel very...sad...
Unread 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Toadess is on a distinguished road
Committee

Hi there
Sorry I took so long in replying, but this how it went.
I went into work with the relevant information and questions to ask my manager.....she agreed and knew what I was saying and were I was coming from.
My manager said she felt that the lady just didn't have staff interest at heart, as she didn't understand all the hard work we do.(the lady in question would like it to be run as her own business).
I feel like I'm being really unkind to this person, because she means well, but she's so quick to point out what hours we get paid, days off etc... And I'm not a person to say "well I did this or that" but as many will know we all do extra hours without pay, searching for things that will help the children anyway thanks again for all your help, you made me sound like I knew what I was on about. (know I do)
It's half term so hopefully I can recharge by batteries