Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Working with own children ?

Have you or staff found it hard or beneficial to work with their own children/grandchildren attending the same Pre school?

Were any special requirements ever put in place eg. days re arranged or had requests for more flexible working start time - allowing for children to come to work with parents ... or not !?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-05-2007, 10:06 AM
cybertwin

when i started my son attended with me and it was a real knightmare, he wanted my attention all the time. so i then started working sessions that he didnt attend and my mum had him. we have also had other members of staff who just play with thier own children!

we now have a policy in place that staff children can attend, but they go into a diffrerent hall as we run 2 rooms at the same . this works well.
Unread 06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road
from recent experience

i found it very difficuly working with my own children, I started working in afterschool club when started my nvq, but i moved from there as it clashed with childrens meal times etc and moved into the preschool as a volunteer where both my children attend it didnt work as i felt obviously responsible for them even though i paid full price for them to be there, no concessions, and i think other staff were afraid to say anything to them or take responsibility of them as their mother was there, it was all a bit awkward so now i have moved settings, much better as i can concentrate on my job, and also staff at the preschool can treat my children the way in which they treat all the other children.
Unread 06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I do a lot of voluntary work in my local school (teacher currently minding) and have never been allowed to work in the same class as my own children - always with others which I've always been very happy about -

it saves either of mine using me cos I'm there and their friends can't take advantage of the fact that yesterday I was upside down playing twister with them!

Sarahx
Unread 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM
noah

depends on the child, i worked with mine years ago with no problems, he took no notice of me and all treated him the same as other children, have also worked with others who had children with them . we had an agreement in place that another person would deal with disputes and if necessary parent would leave room to do something elsewhere so we could. Some children could cope others not so it was always very flexible.
Unread 06-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Narnia is on a distinguished road

same here, i took all of mine with me, without problems, and now my grandaughter attends and she barely notices me!