Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Default Start times?

How much earlier do you get into work before the children arrive ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2007, 10:14 AM
cybertwin

i personally arrive around 8.15am with the rest of the staff between 8.40 and 9am, depending on which school/age of children they have
the children start at 9.15am. but we have to get everything out every day

then they leave at 12.15 and we leave about 1.40ish
but we are paid for 4 hours a morning
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:00 PM
noah

Same as above for us too, but we finish at 3.15pm having had an afternoon session, staff really fast at putting away at end of day, but we have a story and song group time at end so they can so a lot while children are occupied , or we spend time in garden while 1 puts away.

not surprisingly we get a lot of volunteers for this in winter and less in summer :rotfl:
Unread 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

alison1 is on a distinguished road

730 start for me, deputy in at 8 rest between 830 -9. We start officially at 9 but some children arrive between 830 -9. some parents always have some excuse for arriving early, bless em, I'm to soft to say sorry not til 9
They go home at 1230 and we are usually out by 1 to 10 past 1. We have become very fast at putting away 30 mins nowadays and we don't start until the children have all gone home. one to tidy, one to clean/ wash up and 2 or 3 to put away. Must admit nearly all stuff stored in wheeled trolleys so easy to do
Unread 04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
cybertwin

we had a spate of parents trying to drop off early but found that we were not insured for them before 9.15 so are very strict on it now, after all that is our setting up time and this can be hazardous if the children are around, and you loose one memeber of staff who is looking after the children.
all the parents know what time we start!! therefore should arrange things around that time.
we have one persistent one that keeps saying she had booked docs appointment and there isnt enough time to get there, so i have said to her that we wil see her child later. some people i do think try it on all the time
Unread 04-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

alison1 is on a distinguished road

I agree cybertwin, they do like to try it on, quite often in our case at the mo. We are insured from 830 but that is because we have 2 mums who work in local school so allow them to drop off early but it just seems to be snowballing at the mo, last week we had 6 in before 9. Going to put out another letter to them reminding that start time is 9, in big letters I think, and that primary children should be taken to school first then bring in youngest to us. I think that perhaps they just want to get in the playground for gossip without their little ones. I'm just going to have to toughen up.
Unread 04-29-2007, 05:56 PM
cybertwin

it is hard, but we did a letter, and i agree in large letters otherwise it gets ingnored!!!

otherwise they are getting "free" time, without the little ones, and it is us who is loosing out
Unread 04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
noah

You may always have the option of charging for this time as it is outside the NEG hours.......
that is if you want to......and you are registered for them of course
we are not registered and to take children outside the hours set and it compromises our registration so we could be closed. You do after all have to tell Ofsted opening hours and apply to them for any changes outside these.

In our case committee set it at £5.00 for every 15 mins or part of so they all wait until we are open.
Unread 05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kimmy is on a distinguished road

Our door stays closed until 9.00am , i start at 8.30, but the session starts at 9am. some parents have tried since we moved premises to get us to take them before 9 , saying that they have to drop off the older children at the school - we are about 20ft from the school now and in the same grounds !! Mmmm drop the older ones off first then ! Our parents also get 15 mins free care so taking the children in earlier would give them more free care ...plus we are insured from 9am ...