Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Remaha is on a distinguished road
Default Maths

Hi all

Im soooooo fed up. The good news should be that i have completed my level 3 EYE. But that is over shadowed by the fact i have now failed my maths twice and im nowhere near passing (city and guilds level 2). It is really dragging me down. I have been told by my tutor i can take my level 3 certificate and it will be full and relevant for the Nursery i am working in now, but if i were to go to a different setting (absolutley no plans of that) it would not count. My question is, would you resit the exam again or just say i give up?. I go to pieces in maths exams. I have passed my English and ICT but i know maths will take a LOT of effort, i have revised for nearly a year to only go and fail last week . Is anyone else struggling like this?

xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Emmielou89 is on a distinguished road

��Hi, I am in the same position as you. I have now stopped for a while as it was getting me down and I'm now on maternity leave. I am considering getting private tuition later on down the line or even doing it at the local college with more support as they've given me none just given me mock exams all of which I passed?? The difference is I've been told different things by different tutors. I have had 4 different tutors in the year and few months it's taken me to complete my level 3 EYE, English and ICT. This last guy has told me I won't receive my Level 3 certificates until I've completed the maths? My level 3 got fully signed off beginning of April but I still haven't recieved anything, have you? I've only received my ICT therefore having to chase up the rest. Sorry you're going through the same kind of thing. Xx
Unread 07-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Remaha is on a distinguished road

Hi sorry for the delay in replying

I found out todaythat i failed again...somuch for thrid time lucky!
I feel rubbish for myself. I have point blank refused and like you i am concidering evening courses at college instead. Obviously teaching myself does not work. Im 43, have been in my job 5 years and can count beyond 10, recognise shapes, can measure etc so i'm not completley useless lol
There has been a lot going on, a colleague who was also a close friend passed away last month, so did a family member.
I can't be doing with the stress to be honest.
My assessor has agreed that i do not need to resit it as im planning on staying in my job so hopefully i get my certificate soon. She never said it would be a problem so im not sure why you do not have yours?

Anywy thanks for your reply
xxx
Unread 07-28-2018, 10:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

You've got your 3 as long as you're 'working towards' your maths you'll be fine. Just do functional skills it's free at college you'll find it so much better

They cannot withhold your qual. Ever.
Unread 04-28-2019, 02:28 PM

dee11 is on a distinguished road

Resit it, I have just passed it after my 3rd attempt. if I can do it, you can. Good luck