Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sian-Natasha is on a distinguished road
SOS EYE1 Children's speech , language and communication skills

I need help with EYE1 , don't know where to start!!!

Outcome 1 Understand how to support the development of children’s speech, language
and communication skills
The learner can:
1 explain each of the terms;
 speech
 language
 communication
 speech, language and communication needs
2 explain how speech, language and communication skills support the development of other
areas
3 explain how systematic synthetic phonics supports the teaching of reading
4 analyse ways of supporting the development of children’s speech, language and
communication skills in relation to national and local policies and legislation
5 analyse the importance of early identification of speech, language and communication
delays and disorders and the potential risks of late recognition

Outcome 2 Understand how to support the development of children’s mathematical skills
The learner can:
1 explain the concepts of mathematical skills
2 explain how mathematics supports the development of other areas
3 explain how mathematics in the early years prepares children to participate successfully in
society
4 analyse ways of supporting the development of mathematical skills in relation to national
and local policies and legislation

please help I only have a few days to do this

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you need to read the unit information. Which handbook do you have?

To start, for 1. look at what speech, language and communication means

2. See how speech, language and communication skills support the development of other areas http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13420
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

amanda rank is on a distinguished road

can anyone please help me i am really struggling with these two:
1.4 analyse ways of supporting the development of children’s speech, language and communication skills in relation to national and local policies and legislation
2.4 analyse ways of supporting the development of mathematical skills in relation to national and local policies and legislation
i have put all about the EYFS framework
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME as my tutor has asked for more You have written about the EYFS. 'However please can you expand on this and explain what it says in the EYFS and also use the links below to support you with other national and local policies'
Unread 04-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you don't mention which parts of the EYFS you've written about so these ideas are suggestions.

Did you include details about communication and language being a prime learning area and what prime areas are? (p.7) and literacy being a specific area? Page 8, 9 and 11

Did you include how settings are expected to provide opportunities that enable children to take part in activities so they can develop their communication and language? (p.8)

Page 9 explains English as a second language

Did you look at the early learning goals for communication & language p.10/11

Analyse means you need to break the subject down, so for example how does the setting support children's speech, language and communication skills so that they have opportunities to (p.10) listen and focus their attention, take part in conversations that helps them to understand and encourages them to speak.

And then the same for Mathematics - p. 8 & 12

If you add on with the links your tutor recommended you visit, I'm sure members will help where they can xx

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers