Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MissAJ25 is on a distinguished road
I'm confused Do Not Understand :( Children and Families Act and SEND Code of Practice 2014?

Hi i am planning my last assignment on additional support for children with special educational needs

I am confused on the last question

Summarise the changes for children and young people with special educational needs that are due to take place with the reform of the children's and families bill

Can someone please explain as i am really confused about what i need to do ?

MissAJ25

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi what teaching are you expecting from your tutor for this?

The Children and Families Act along with the new SEND Code of Practice came into force back in 2014

What this criteria is asking is that you use your knowledge of what that change meant and means.

Page 180/1 of this handbook explains The Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 and then the new code of practice which is included in part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014

The Children and Families Act 2014

Government reforms mean that everyone aged from birth to 25 years with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) will have a single plan that sets out all the support they will receive from education, health and social care, and who is responsible for each part. Also two year olds for who disability living allowance is paid will be entitled to free early education.

The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Code of Practice 2014

This applies to England only. The Code tells local authorities, schools and others how they must carry out their duties under the new law. It includes changes to the way in which services are planned and provided, through the new EHC Plan.

The EHC plans replace the 2001 Act's Statements of SEN - http://www.ipsea.org.uk/what-you-need-to-know/ehc-plans

Search the preview on amazon for SENDA and you'll find more detailed information to read

Hth
the cost of ad blockers