Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

El Duke is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 300 developing effective study skills

Hi all,
Can anyone help me with these questions i'm really stuck on them.
1.1- Explain the reasons for developing study skills in the early years sector and explain the components of study skills. i have searched all over the internet and the level 3 children and young people's book and can find nothing at all to write. Plz help asap

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

1.1 explain the reasons for developing study skills in the early years sector
Effective study skills are a vital element in achieving academic success on the course. I will need to develop successful study, revision and exam techniques in order to do well.
The reason for developing Study Skills is in order to help me to plan and carry out assessments and the work set for me, making the most of the time available and helping me to achieve my potential.
1.2 Explain the components of study skills.
* Rehearsal and rote learning: memorising and simply to repeat it by rote. Typically this will include reading over notes or a textbook, and re-writing notes
* Reading and listening: instead of just simply reading one method used to focus on key information when studying from books is the PQRST method, Preview, Question, Read, Summary, and Test.
* Flashcard training: Flash Cards are visual cues on cards on which short summaries are written.
* Keywords: information is summarised into notes then these notes are condensed into key facts
* Visual imagery: visualising key information, for instance in real physical locations e.g. around a room.
* Acronyms and mnemonics: to use a simple phrase or fact as a trigger for a longer list of information.
* Time management, organization and lifestyle changes.
2.1 explain creative strategies for:
a. generating ideas through study
Brainstorming
just jot down the ideas you have on a subject on a piece of paper, without stopping to cut out ideas you do not want to use, select which are the best, or put them in any order.
Spider web
An easy way to do them is to write down the central idea or subject and then make notes attached to lines that go out like legs from the subject.
Mind mapping
A mind map is basically a diagram that connects information around a central subject. at the centre is your main idea, say, poetry, and the branches are...

Unread 06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

El Duke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneez77 View Post
1.1 explain the reasons for developing study skills in the early years sector
Effective study skills are a vital element in achieving academic success on the course. I will need to develop successful study, revision and exam techniques in order to do well.
The reason for developing Study Skills is in order to help me to plan and carry out assessments and the work set for me, making the most of the time available and helping me to achieve my potential.
1.2 Explain the components of study skills.
* Rehearsal and rote learning: memorising and simply to repeat it by rote. Typically this will include reading over notes or a textbook, and re-writing notes
* Reading and listening: instead of just simply reading one method used to focus on key information when studying from books is the PQRST method, Preview, Question, Read, Summary, and Test.
* Flashcard training: Flash Cards are visual cues on cards on which short summaries are written.
* Keywords: information is summarised into notes then these notes are condensed into key facts
* Visual imagery: visualising key information, for instance in real physical locations e.g. around a room.
* Acronyms and mnemonics: to use a simple phrase or fact as a trigger for a longer list of information.
* Time management, organization and lifestyle changes.
2.1 explain creative strategies for:
a. generating ideas through study
Brainstorming
just jot down the ideas you have on a subject on a piece of paper, without stopping to cut out ideas you do not want to use, select which are the best, or put them in any order.
Spider web
An easy way to do them is to write down the central idea or subject and then make notes attached to lines that go out like legs from the subject.
Mind mapping
A mind map is basically a diagram that connects information around a central subject. at the centre is your main idea, say, poetry, and the branches are...

Thank you so much been stuck on this for ages
Unread 06-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

No problem