Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jod91x is on a distinguished road
General question CCLD Diploma Level 2

Hi I'm currently studying level 2 in children's care learning and development, 2 questions left to complete safeguarding the welfare of children. I wonder if anyone can help and point me in the right direction of answering them?

A) Identify ways in which concerns about poor practice can be reported whilst insuring that whistle-blowers and those whose practice or behaviour is being questioned are protected.

B) identify where access to sources of support where concerns have not been addressed.

much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site. If you have the level 2 CYPW handbook pages 149+ explain how you respond to concerns about a colleague.

Also use your setting's whistle-blowing policy or its safeguarding policy to know exactly what's expected of you in these situations, and so that you know the chain or line of reporting eg. your manager, Head teacher.

One identified way includes speaking directly to your setting's designated safeguarding officer. This is so that what you have to say doesn't become information that everyone can go on to use in anyway they wish. By talking to the most relevant person about your concerns you protect the person whose practices you are questioning.

If your concern is not being addressed or maybe your concern is about the safeguarding officer themselves you follow the line of reporting as stated in the setting's policy eg. your local social services emergency department or OFSTED/local inspectorate if you work in England.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-11-2016, 04:12 PM

Hi I appreciate you replying to my post, it's the only 2 questions I'm confused about in this unit. As it says 'Identify' my tutor has said we only need to list.

I had discussing with the safeguarding officer as one way.
I've got a textbook present 'CACHE Children's and Young People's Workforce
but it doesn't seem to help me with these questions

Thanks
Jodie
Unread 04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Administrator

discussing with the safeguarding officer is good.

What would happen in your setting if the safeguarding officer didn't address/deal with your concern? who would you go to then?

If you ask your setting they'll be able to tell you and give you a copy of the policy that explains this.

Is the book I've linked to the one you have?

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-11-2016, 07:19 PM

In my answer i've also put down discussing with the manager in their absence. I'm sure that would apply if they didn't address my concern? Am I on the right track?

The book you have linked me isn't the one I have. I could see if the book you've linked me to is in the college library though to borrow.

Really appreciate your help, thankyou.
Would it be a problem if I put this website on my biblography for college?

xx
Unread 04-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Hi no, the book I linked to is for the older CYPW course, it's still relevant for some learning xx I would think your book is more current.

Yes you could discuss a concern in private with your manager. In private means you recognise and respect confidentiality and are protecting yourself (as a whistle-blower) and the individual whose practices are being questioned.

The policy that your setting has will explain what you need to do if a concern isn't addressed. You need to use the policy, as it'll state who else you can go to in your area.

Check before you include silkysteps.com in your bibliography. This site signposts members & visitors to places/sources of research that are professionally credible.
the cost of ad blockers