Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

womble is on a distinguished road
Default Help please

I'm struggling to find negative factors on how religion can affect child development. I have lots of positives but need to include the drawbacks too however my brain has turned to mush. Any pointers would be gratefully received

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM

leonhajay is on a distinguished road

It could put a child in a minority group which could lead to discrimination.
Language may be an issue as as well as school study they may have to study an other language to gain right of passage eg Jewish.
It may cause issues at school as their parents may insist on the child only learning about their religion and only following their beliefs eg Christian and the theory of evolution.
It may cause growth issues seen as some religions do not eat meat or Buda are stickily vegetarian and this may not provide all round nutrition so they do not physically develop to optimum.
It also could cause social issues as the family may only wish the child to play with children of the same religion and their ore this would limit social development.
Hope this helps x
Unread 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM

That's great, just what I needed.Thank you so much
Unread 04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

how did you get positives!
religion is the cause of more deaths than anything else
it creates division and sectarianism
it makes people think they're better than others
it controls women and girls
it supports cgm
it isolates people from the wider community
it kills people
it removes the ability to think for yourself
it allows men to abuse children freely
you can sin as much as you like and then say sorry to a mythical being
it takes personal responsibility away
it allows people to hurt children through exorcism and abuse see climbie
and did i say it kills thousands of people....... evil
Unread 04-11-2014, 01:31 PM

Tutu, I work in a church school although I'm not at all religious myself.
I wrote about a strong moral belief in being kind to others to receive kindness back,
a sense of belonging no matter where you are, a strong community background that links school and home,
support and comfort through difficult times, feeling someone loves you even at your worst,
and the fact that there is always someone to give you a second chance when you make a mistake and comfort in the belief of a better life in times of bereavement.
As I say not my personal choice however the kids at school all take comfort in their religion so writing about the positive was quite easy.
Thanks for all that help, I'm gonna re-write and add more now x