Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road
Default nutritional needs of babies until they are fully weaned

[b] Hi, I am mid way through this question, but my mind has gone blank and I cannot think of how to answer this question.
It is on CY POP2 5.1 Identify using current government guidelines, the nutritional needs of babies until they are fully weaned and using information from carers plan a program of weaning.
I kinda got the first bit, I think, but, we do not have babies at our setting, they come in from the age of 2, so not sure what I would need to be planning with parents.

Any advice would be so appreciated, I really am struggling with this.

Thank You X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, maybe build a form that enables a child's parents/carers to contribute to, alongside an open approach where updates & notes can be added as they occur.

Weaning is recommended to start at 6 months when stores of iron are depleted, continuing on until the transition from wholly fluid meals to regular solid ones is complete - eg. 18 months old.

A document could collect information based on professional knowledge and existing methods ..

Feeding routines
Feed amounts
Foods parents would like baby to try
Foods actually being tried
Parent/carers views on baby led weaning.
Dietary requirements - lifestyle and medical eg. vegetarian, allergies
Knowledge regarding vitamin supplements for breast fed babies 6months old and formula fed babies of 12months
Shared recipes?
Contact details for helpful professionals & organisations.

This could all inform a plan where grocery shopping is planned in advance to support children's daily experience of foods.

Foods not recommended for babies/children under 12months of age: honey, salt, excess sugar, choking hazards - nuts, low fat low calorie foods, high fibre foods, cow's milk..

Links
Meeting the individual needs of babies on childrenfirst.nhs.uk
Food standards agency www.food.gov.uk
NHS choices has a section called weaning and beyond that may be useful.
www.vegsoc.org - eatwell plate helps to dipsel fears on what to provide where meat is missing.

The parent DoH weaning leaflet
Pages 344+ of the level 3 CYPW handbook, calorie intake chart on page 266, may help further.
Healthy start voucher scheme
Case study of Children's centre delivering healthy start programme

2006 Nutrition for under5s from Caroline Walker Trust publication page

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

chantel is on a distinguished road

i need some help with this one to please can someone help me im not sure how to start it???? Identify the government guidance on the nutritional needs of babies until they are fully weaned

many thanks

chantel