Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jmima is on a distinguished road
Default CYP3.6: prepare reports

Hello again everyone... Am kinda stuck with this bit... and it's the only thing preventing the unit getting signed off!!!
2.3: Prepare reports that accurate, legible and concise and meet legal requirements.

Since I'm not working and am just doing a placement, I never have to write reports. Any tips?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you need to demonstrate that you know HOW to prepare a report if you have a google of report writing you can answer this our have a look at www.businessballs.com great site. BUT again like so many people here the reason you are finding it hard is that this is not supposed to be written this is supposed to be observed so it doesn't lend itself to written work, good luck though as you will find something there.
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have just completed this, I did not know what to write either, as, like you Ido not do these, I am only bank staff.

Anyway, my tutor sent me a CAF form to complete, which I did using fictitious information, but, based on a real example of a child in my setting.

She has passed it.
HTH X
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Anna marie stivala is on a distinguished road

Hi, i too had trouble with this one and it was the only part of this unit i had to do to get it signed off. After alot of discussion with my assessor as i understood what was being asked of me but as i wasn`nt in a position at my work setting to complete reports i did not understand what i needed to report on!I was advised to use my key child`s learning journey to complete a report using the six areas of development and how my key child had progressed and what area`s the child needed more learning encouragement etc.
At the bottom of this report i summarised it all stating that it was to be passed on to a teacher in the child`s school that is was an accurate report of key child`s learning over the last 6 mths. It met legal req i.e eyfs areas of development, was consise - typed. i hope this helps you good luck.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Smee is on a distinguished road

I was just told to write a summative report for mine as I am only a volunteer and don't have access to children's records, so she said to make it up. So basically an end of term summary for a child but to make it realistic. Basically put the 6 areas down one side and spliting these into different section under each heading ie under KUW - Exploration and investiagtion, Designing and making ICT etc etc(from the EYFS), then across the top put the different age groups ie 0-11months up to 40-60 months, then tick the box that is appropriate for that child and put some comments in giving a brief description of what they have done in each area. Hope this helps x
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Julesowen51 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi
For this outcome you can also use the accident booklet, you should complete it as you would normally but using fictitious details ie not using a child's real names etc, but basing it on an accident you have witnessed in the setting. This is a legal document when completed.
As long as you show your knowledge and understanding in completion of this in accordance with your settings policies and procedures this should be accepted.
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

cutiepie2010 is on a distinguished road

Everyone seems to be filling in forms etc. for this question and a couple of others about reporting and using forms all we have had to do is show the tutor what forms we use not fill any out. Hope this is good enough now and will not affect me passing
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:27 PM

Julesowen51 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am an Assessor and In accordance with our awarding body the requirement for this outcome is to prepare a report that is accurate,legible, concise and meet legal requirements.
If you read the standards additional guidelines it does state that in some settings if it isn't the practitioners lead responsibility it is acceptable for practitioners to produce an "example report" or to support the lead practitioner in completion of reports that are accurate, legible, concise and meet legal requirements.

Therefore it should really be a report that would be completed in a real sense, ie an accident/incident, CAF report, anything that could or would be used in a legal, formal situation should it arise.

Obviously Assessors work in different ways and cover evidence differently as different Awarding Bodies requirements may differ, but if you cover what is asked for in the standards you can't go far wrong.

I usually ask my students to complete and use an accident report with the personel details omitted for data protection, or complete a CAF with fictitious details as in doing this it does give you an idea of what to do if you ever needed to complete this for real and you also have to be familiar with your settings policies and procedures which can only help you in other areas of your work.

I hope this is of some help.
Unread 02-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Hi Julesown51
I hope your well, I'm having the same problems as everyone else, and yes your right, every assessor is different. I've got what you stated is not the case from my assessor, so if I follow what your saying should cover this unit.

hope to hear from you,

Moe