Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Lightbulb AGMs ~ when is yours?

When do you hold your AGM, on a set day/month every year or flexible to work around other eventualities.

What works best, daytime or evening meetings?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Muggy

Ours is next week! We knew what time of year it was due, and just arranged it for the best evening to suit everyone who is currently on the committee. Evenings are better, as some people work full time. Even though not many may turn up we have advertised it in good time so if people want to come, they can make arrangements.

Thinking about it, daytime would probably attract more parents, but our current chairperson and treasurer work full time elsewhere so we couldn't have one during the day unfortunately!!!
Unread 02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
cybertwin

we have ours in october so that it fits in with the school year,, the new paretns have started and can join, and the old ones whos kids are now at school dont have to hang around so long
we always hold it in the evening due to working paretns, during the day would be harder what with siblings etc.etc
and sometimes we even get dads there, have had a few dads on the comittee in the past!! they were brave!
it is not on a set date or day, but earleir in the month seems to work better,
also agm is for an hour then we go the the pub!! to meet the new comittee but is normally just the staff and a few older ones, staff are paid for the hour at the meeting and are contracted to attend.
Unread 02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Our AGM is usually March/April, always in the evening and I get sooooooooooo nervous!:vomit:
This year instead of standing and going bright red :blush: as I discuss the settings events over the last 12 months I am going to attempt a power point presentation, with photos of all the children engaged in the various experiences/activities linked to our 'mission statement' and fingers crossed to music!!!
Maybe a little ambitious failing that I could say I've lost my voice:muted:
Air
x