Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sammas200721 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Eymp 4 reviewing practice, reflecting and developing strategies to deal with difficulties

hi im due to finsh my course on the 20th of febuary and im really stuck on this unit....
bascially im just filling in any gaps in my course and this is the biggest gap i have
EYMP4-4.1 Explain the importance of reviewing own practice as part of being an effective practitioner.
EYMP4-4.2 Undertake a reflective analysis of own practice.
EYMP4-4.3 Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenges encountered in professional practice in early years settings.

please if anyone has any advice or anything i would be very grateful
sam

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
Reflective practice is when we describe and evaluate our own work and consider ways to improve our work. It is important to do this because each year you have different individual children and parents join your setting. They may have different needs, expectations and interests. Activities, routines, policies and procedures may have to be changed or updated to accommodate new or existing families. Reflecting on practice will help to see the changes that need to be made. Staff will develop and be more aware when changes need to be reflected upon. Their knowledge and skills will change due to extra training or new individual staff’s new ideas. National standards and frameworks will change from time to time, this may have an impact on how the setting runs.

To be able to reflect on practice you need to critically question what you do and see and whether what you are doing is working or whether there is room for improvement. This could mean observing children, parents and other people to help you think about how effective your setting is in providing care and education to the children and parents in your setting. In areas that are working well, think about the skills and knowledge that are in place and whether you can change anything to become more effective. In areas you think are weaker, think about ways to improve, this may mean more training in a specific area or new resources.

Reflecting on your practice will help you have a clearer picture of what you actually do within your work role. It will build your confidence when working with children, it will help things to be clearer on the things that you’re not sure about and will help you to improve on the things that you are unsure about again by either further training or courses that are available. This will also help you to reach higher standards in your work and to provide a better service to
the children in your care.

i wrote about strength and weaknesses within my setting and how i could improve them e.g. courses, new resources, how we as practitioners need to be patient and caring.

i wrote for this on what our setting does if a parent complains about another child and how we would follow policy and procedures for this.

I also wrote about a SENCO/INCO speaking to a parent of a child which is having difficulties within your group. e.g. sensitive manner, what help is available, some parents are not willing to accept that their child has difficulties, give them time, give parent right info, listen to their views, they know the child better as their full time carer, always be available to speak to parents, at a time that is right for them, do not bombard parents with info as they may get confused give small amounts at a time esp when it is new to them.
Hope it gives you ideas

Lynne
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

gol is on a distinguished road

i want to reassure you all out there that i am coming out of the dark diploma tunnel and i can see light!!! i am nearly there and i want to thank you all fo writing words to ignite my brain and thank you for sharing your knowledge with me xx i couldnt have done it without you ..... a teacher you are x
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

todit teklehaimanot is on a distinguished road

EYMP4-4.2 Undertake a reflective analysis of own practice.