Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Years News & Events

Early Years News & Events Preschool and other relevant Early years news and events will be posted in this forum along with our subscribed feeds. Please add any local news or opportunity that you feel is of interest

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

helen429 is on a distinguished road
Default CYPOP 17 Explain why strategic direction from national and local policy is required to address factors

Hi i am currently doing cypop 17 and i am on my final untit before passing except i am soo stuck. If anyone could help me answer any of the following i would be so grateful

1.4 Explain why strategic direction from national and local policy is required to address factors impacting on outcomes and life chances for children and young people

4.4 Explain how the interface with adult services is structured so that the needs of children and young people whose carers are users of services are taken into account.

Any help at all. After 2 years i'm nearly done yet this module is really hard :(

thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM

chaz999 is on a distinguished road

1.4 Explain why strategic direction from national and local policy is required to address factors impacting on outcomes and life chances for children and young people.

Strategic direction from national and local policy is required to ensure every young child gets the early intervention that they need and enable change.
3.8 million children are currently living in poverty in the UK, one area in particular that is affected by this is education. By the time they start school, many poor children are already lagging behind, this can continue throughout their whole education.

The Child Poverty Action Group states:

• children from poorer backgrounds lag at all stages of education
• by the age of three, poorer children are estimated to be, on average, nine months behind children from more wealthy backgrounds
• by the end of primary school, pupils receiving free school meals are estimated to be almost three terms behind their peers
• by 14, this gap grows to over five terms
• by 16, children receiving free school meals achieve 1.7 grades lower at GCSE

The top 20 parliamentary constituencies for child poverty in the UK are:

1. Manchester Central (47% of children in poverty)
2. Belfast West (43%)
3. Glasgow North East (43%)
4. Birmingham, Ladywood (42%)
5. Bethnal Green and Bow (42%)
6. Liverpool, Riverside (42%)
7. Poplar and Lime house (41%)
8. Middlesbrough (40%)
9. Blackley and Broughton (38%)
10. Newcastle upon Tyne Central (38%)
11. Leeds Central (38%)
12. Liverpool, Walton (37%)
13. Glasgow Central (37%)
14. Hackney South and Shoreditch (37%)
15. Manchester, Gorton (37%)
16. Birmingham, Hodge Hill (37%)
17. Islington South and Finsbury (37%)
18. Nottingham North (37%)
19. Edmonton (37%)
20. Birkenhead (36%)

http://www.cpag.org.uk/ (last accessed 25/02/2013)

Every Child a Talker (ECaT) is a national strategy designed to improve the skills and expertise of the Early Years workforce in early language, increase practitioners knowledge and understanding of early language development, create enriched language environments within settings and increase the involvement of parents in their children’s learning and help them to develop stronger home-learning environments.
Good early language development is a key factor for a child’s future success. ECaT supports early intervention, improves practice and involves parents in the process of creating positive outcomes and life chances for children and young people.

Strategic direction is helping to tackle child poverty by providing free school meals, supporting families to get back in to work by helping with child care costs, providing free courses for parents and activities for children and young people. Children’s centres in poorer areas help reach out to vulnerable households, these families can access holistic, integrated services at the centres.
Without this children living in poverty will only suffer more, early intervention is available to ensure children and families get any extra support they need and further their development.

I have had this signed off :)

---------------------------------------------------------
Avoid plagiarising course work - please do not copy and paste member's contributions
Source information and quotes from recognised book titles - available on amazon.co.uk
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:25 PM

chaz999 is on a distinguished road

4.4 Explain how the interface with adult services is structured so that the needs of children and young people whose carers are users of services are taken into account.

Adult’s services are structured to be welcoming, clean, bright and safe. My local children’s centre is attractive with newly plastered walls and bright displays, toys are available for the children, the area is clean and everyone is friendly. The staff involved in adult services need to be respectful, be non-judgemental and have time for both the parents and the children. Mental health clinics, libraries, parent support groups and even prisons all cater for children and young people as well as adults by having leaflets for parents to read, toys and books to entertain the children.