Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road
Default Pushchairs/buggies etc!

Hi everyone! I would be really interested to know what makes/different kinds of buggies everyone has and also how many! My hubby thinks I'm a bit obsessed, but my old faithful graco stadium duo double buggy is on its last legs and I need to replace it so would welcome any reccomendations or "Don't buy that one!" I have got a Mamas and papas aria twin but its not much cop in the countryside but it does fold up small and is comfy.. oh if money and storage were in plentiful supply! Hope you've had a good day we've had a fab one pretending to be bears!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
I have a single Mothercare Maxim which I've been using almost daily for 17 months. It's been a great asset, very sturdy (we live in a country village) and has taken a lot of hammer. It cost £110 but I believe they are around £90 now. Mothercare's own range was recommended to me and I can highly and gladly recommend it to you. All I can complain about is a bolt that is turning and not pivoting so I have to pull the buggy open on one side, but if I could get my backside into gear and get it back to the shop, they'll repair it for me for a nominal fee (it's over it's one-year free period). Also, all the fabric parts are press-studded on, come off easily and are (very) machine washable.
Unread 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Push chairs

As we live in the country and on the doorstep to the South Downs I have invested in a mamas and Papas 03 sport,three wheeler for the long walks and for all the Grandchildren to come!! With raincover and snuzabug for the cold it was £200.This will stay at the cottage and hopefully get regular use!
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

I love buggies! I had a Maclaren Twin traveller for 3mths, hated that so ebayed it and got a Marco Sky Tandem. I hated that even more, I don't have one positive thing to say about it. After two months that was ebayed and I got a Mothercare side by side which I fell in love with. It looks very similar to a Mamas and Papas but is a cm or two narrower hich menat i could get it in my front door. Its actually in my shed, I will wash it once the weather is better and sell it.

Folding my many buggies is beyond DP, he snapped part of the Mothercare buggy while collapsing it. I phoned them and they replaced the part. I live 25 miles from the store so they arranged to have the part delivered to my house.

I have a single M&P Aria and its not as strong/sturdy feeling as the Mothercare one.
Unread 01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi guys I have to say I hated the marco sky too its rotting in the shed as we speak! Just recieved the new mothercare catalogue and its got LOTS of lovely buggies in it but I only like the really expensive ones, I think a three wheeler is probably the way to go when you live in the country, so I better get saving! Off to do homework now got 2 assessments next week so have a good weekend all and thanks for the tips.
Unread 01-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Have you tried www.kiddicare.com? Also go through Greasypalm and you get some cashback. You should clean your Marco Sky up an ebay it. You can send it by courier for about £15.
Unread 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Gotta say, I tried a 3 wheeler and I found that as soon as you get a bit of bumpy terrain - where hedgerows have been cut back and the like - they get really hard to keep upright, I'll stick with a good old-fashioned four-wheeler ta.
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:10 AM
strawberrykisses

a mum at the creche im in has a quinny i think and is got the blow up tyers

DO NOT get these tyers - they are contranly getting punctures and surprise surprise they arent covered in the buggy garuntee.

shes now spent £10 on buying inner tubing for it

and has to spend £25 on getting a garage person to look at them :soapbox: so bad!!!!

i prefer 4 wheelers.
Unread 01-14-2007, 10:46 AM

Yes, I forgot about tires, top of my list was solid rubber!
Unread 01-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Ahhhhhh, I went to my shed to get something to cut up the Christmas tree and found that my double buggy has gone mouldy. I think some of it is washable but any tips for cleaning the rest would be very helpful.