Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ur1328 is on a distinguished road
Default development of children 0 -19

Just started my diploma and stuck already
I am doing my child development chart have done social, language, physical, intellectual, emotional and behavioural developments on all ages groups but I a stuck on moral development for each age can anyone help please?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Keelsbe is on a distinguished road

Hi Just started my level 3 and stuck on one questions the sequence and development rates for cognitive and intelluctual development ages 7-12 & 12-19 years can anyone help. Thanks
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

5 - 8 years Intellectual
Children can recognise their own name and will write it. Their literacy skills (talking, listening, writing and reading) are getting better. Thinking becomes more and more coordinating as the child is able to have more than one point of view on things.
8 - 11 years Intellectual
Between 8 and 9 years old children are learning to plan ahead and assess what they do. They have an ability to speak and express their ideas. Between 10 and 11 they have a longer concentration span. At this age the children may start to show they have a special talent.
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:08 PM

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

12 - 19 Years Intellectual
Around this time young people’s thinking shifts from concrete to abstract. An adult way of thinking. This is described as the formal operational stage of intellectual development.
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Keelsbe is on a distinguished road
Smile thanks

Hi kerry-lou thanks for your help. Just started this dipolma and some questions just not obvious
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM

sjd114 is on a distinguished road

I have got to do a chart with Description of the stage, is that like.. 0-3 months - kicking arms out and legs etc, but then in the next colomb it says ' an example of how this will impact on another aspect of development? ' really stuck!

and can't figure out how to add my own forum thingy. :( xx
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:30 PM

emziebub88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur1328 View Post
Just started my diploma and stuck already
I am doing my child development chart have done social, language, physical, intellectual, emotional and behavioural developments on all ages groups but I a stuck on moral development for each age can anyone help please?
for moral development I have left 0-2 years blank on my table and I got it signed off:

2-4 years - Hasn't yet got an understanding of right from wrong, but has an understanding of the word “no” and can follow simple rules most of the time.

4-7 years - Children at this age will usually be thoughtful towards others but will do things mainly for adult approval. Children will also be keen to understand and use rules.

7-12 years At this age, children will be keen to point out when rules have been broken, and to make sure that others follow them. They will now also be aware of consequences of their behaviour and become increasingly thoughtful towards others.

12-16 years - Children at 12-13 years of age will understand the need of rules in society.

16-19 years - Young adults will have an understanding of what is right and what is wrong, and consequences of their actions. They will also take some interest in moral issues.

Hope this helps