Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Jane3108 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYP 3.1 criteria 4.1

Help please : CYP 3.1 4.1 : Analyse the importance of early indication of speech, language and communication delays and disorders and the potential risks of late recognition.
I'm struggling with this one. I need to write about a case study where a TA notices something isn't quite right with a child, speaks to the teacher but nothing is done. What does he do next ?
Any help would be greatfully recieved, thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

AlexG is on a distinguished road

im stuck on this one too!
Unread 10-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

I would then speak to my SENCO, explaining my concerns and that I had spoken to the class teacher to no avail.
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

check the term analyse which isnt describe and look at the communication trust website
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Natalie.jane3 is on a distinguished road

Here's some of what i wrote, i had this signed off. Hope it helps!
If nothing is done about a child with suspected delays / disorders the TA should report to the setting;s SENCO with any evidence theyhave.

It is important to identify speech or language delays or disorders as early as possible so that therapy can be started to help the child with whatever speech or language problem they have. It is also possible that young children can ‘unlearn’ inappropriate behaviour patters such as aggression or reluctance to communicate. Early identification is important for the child’s well being as the earlier the problem is identified, potentially the easier it is to correct. Children with any delays are helped early so that it does not affect them in the future and they do not become self-conscious.

Speech, language and communication problems can have a lasting effect on children’s lives. For a percentage of children the problem can not be prevented but early intervention is vital to reduce the long term effects. Short term affects can include the child feeling frustrated, angry or withdrawn. Young children with speech and language impairments are more likely to suffer continued communication problems, along with cognitive, academic, behavioural and social difficulties. This will affect their social and behavioural development as they become frustrated, angry and lack confidence; they may also fear rejection from their friends as they are unable to communicate as well. Due to this, children with speech and language problems often become withdrawn, shy and less outgoing than their peers, they are less likely to initiate conversation and they prefer to play alone. Studies have shown that these children have higher rates of anxiety disorders, in particular a phobia of social interaction. Behavioural problems are more likely to arise in children with speech and language problems as they feel less likely to relate to other children around them and as they struggle to communicate they become frustrated and can often lash out.