Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

I think schools will begin to take an interest in out of hours childcare. The foundation stage co ordinator at my school has been on several training courses and has been told how important we are!!! It's slow going we've been at the school 6 years and am just starting to feel valued. Last week the nursery teacher asked for copies of our observations to help her filling in the children's records and she gave us copies of her obs. Oh we've reached the pearly gates of acceptance !!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

i am a playworker i work in a pre-school in the morining we open up frm 9-12 we have 24 children each day which includes 10 are 2.5 years old we also have a child with learning difficulties.
i also run koosc ( keswick out of school club) we are in a children center which is next to the school but because it is used by other setting we have to set up everyday and put away, because the size of the room we can only take 16 children aday which what we have so we are full monday to friday with a waiting list.
we have just recently had our ofstead inspeceion and because we hadent implementing the eyfs we just got satisfactory, we have children from 4- 11 and at the moment have 8 for the eyfs.
ofstead said we had to do the whole eyfs but i have been told so many different thing that my head is spinning there is only me and another member of staff, the school that we pick the children up from havent helped us either with the eyfs.
i just do not know what to do, i would prefer NOT to do what i do at pre-school with obs ect
I understand that to work in childcare you have to do the paper work but it is just getting silly not only do i have all the eyfs paperwork to do at pre-school and the polices, sef etc to do for koosc i also do the fees
sorry to have had a moan
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

angelscout is on a distinguished road

*Waves hello*

I am a playleader at a Childrens Centre. I organise differnt types of stay and play sessions both at the centre and out in the community.
I have only been in post since Jan so just getting the hang of sessions plans and relating them to EYFS.
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shirley3593 is on a distinguished road

I am a playworker and have been for about 4 and a bit years. I am doing my level 4 award playwork. Is there anybody out there doing it as well ?