Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mummy to 5 is on a distinguished road
General question level 2 environment/recognising

Hello all,
I am new to this site, but i just wanted to say how its been a major help to me,
I have nearly finished my first lot of units now just two to go, i have wrote a few ideas but needed more help or suggestions if this is enough.
The first one being describe with examples the kinds of influences that affect children/young people's development including environment.
Which i have put if the child was subjected to parent/s dependent on alcohol/drugs that they will not be exposed to a stimulating home environment,
and also if a children are cared for in a loving environment where they are praised and made feel worthwhile they build their self esteem and confidence to become independent.
My second being describe with examples the importance of recognizing and responding to concerns, which i have put It is important to notice early signs of speech so that speech therapy can be set in place as soon as possible, because if you delay it the child will lack of confidence to talk to others, and their learning could suffer.
If anyone has anymore ideas which they could share would be brilliant, or if that is enough could you let me know
Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

hi how about where the child grows up eg. high rise flat no outdoor play space so lack of outdoor physical play no access to park or play area because too far away so lack of social skills when playing with other children lack of money to take children on outings , parents with depression so children having to fend for themselves can give the child low self esteem
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mummy to 5 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the reply, i have now completed my first lot of units and passed.