Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Confused!

Hello again, lovely people

Was wondering if someone could help me before I start ripping my hair out...

LDSSMP1 - 1.1 Explain the principles and vaules that underpins work to support children and young people to achieve their educational potential (putting the needs and rights of the individual child at the centre of service provision; promoting integrated working practices; maintaining personal and professional integrity; promoting equality of opportunity and valuing diversity)

1.2 Explain current legislation and guidance relating to the provision of and access to educational opportunities for children and young people (as appropriate to the relevant UK Home Nation)

1.3 Evaluate factors that can contribute to low achievement by children and young people

For some reason, none of this is sinking in. Some of it sounds as though I'm going to be writing about things I've written about before and, surely, they can't be wanting me to repeat myself??!

This unit isn't in the handbook that goes alongside the course but apparently it's mandatory for those on the National Curriculum pathway.

Anyhow, it's causing me a bit of stress because I might be reading more into it than Im meant to...

If anyone can offer any guidance, I'd be most grateful!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Hello again, lovely people

Was wondering if someone could help me before I start ripping my hair out...

LDSSMP1 - 1.1 Explain the principles and vaules that underpins work to support children and young people to achieve their educational potential (putting the needs and rights of the individual child at the centre of service provision; promoting integrated working practices; maintaining personal and professional integrity; promoting equality of opportunity and valuing diversity)
Look in your eyfs pack where you can read about the principles and values.

1.2 Explain current legislation and guidance relating to the provision of and access to educational opportunities for children and young people (as appropriate to the relevant UK Home Nation)
Again look at your eyfs pack where you can read the statutory booklet and the practice guidance.

1.3 Evaluate factors that can contribute to low achievement by children and young people.
If you look at this back-to-front it may appear easier- such as thinking about some children and/or young people who are not achieving their full potential and then see what they are having to contend with - longterm or chronic illness? poverty? parents with poor parenting skills? environment - damp homes etc? parent/s abusing drink or drugs? bullying -for whatever reason? etc
Of course I think your diploma includes young people as well, so where I've mentioned dring/drug/solvent abuse - it may be the child that is experiencing these.

For some reason, none of this is sinking in. Some of it sounds as though I'm going to be writing about things I've written about before and, surely, they can't be wanting me to repeat myself??!

This unit isn't in the handbook that goes alongside the course but apparently it's mandatory for those on the National Curriculum pathway.

Anyhow, it's causing me a bit of stress because I might be reading more into it than Im meant to...

If anyone can offer any guidance, I'd be most grateful!!
I hope this helps get you started.
Unread 07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road

Thanks Heidi, you're a gem! Much appreciated!