Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bettyboopsomerset is on a distinguished road
Default Literature about Theorists??

Hello,

I am about to start Unit 403, and as it asks about Theorists, was just wondering if anyone can recommend any good books relating to this that I could use for my research?

Thank you muchly!
Kerry x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

amazon.co.uk/Six-Theories-Child-Development-Formulations
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

little miss ocd is on a distinguished road

I used a book called 'understanding child development linking theory and practice' by Jennie Lindon and then googled the theorist as well, found alot that way.

This is my first unit and have not had it marked yet so dont know if what I wrote is any good.

Good luck!
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yep thats not bad but like you say you need to do a lot more research than offered there. good luck
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Default help on 403

hi there

i just about finished this unit and yes it is very very thoerist based - so good luck

a book i highly recommend is by linda pound - she is highlyu recommended by pres chool and it has most thoerists in with links to current use which is an added bonus.

Linda Pound how children learn - she has various books put a search in - try amazon - i managed to get from my local library

on another point you are whizzing through this - welll done you - wish i was as quick a year in and still 5 units to go lol