Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

saro87 is on a distinguished road
research project

hi all im in my 2nd yr of eyfd and have been given a research project to do i just wanted to get some feedback on the ideas and questions i have cme up with so far!!Im quite interested in gifted and talented children and iv come up with two questions but i think they are a bit broad perhaps?

does being gifted and talented have a negative impact on social and emotional development?

Is being gifted and talented genetic or is it dependant on a high quality enviroment?

Im also interested in the way boys seem to be let down by the curriculum and how this is resulting in them being de motivated and falling behind but im not sure how to pose this as a question??

thanks if anyone can input anything!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have just done a lot of writing and researching about boys and the way the curriculum is failing them.

I have taken it from the angle ...

The Govt is pushing us to better manage the needs of boys... what is going wrong and how do we support them?

I have looked at nature vs nurture and then gone on to consider whether our curriculum meets their needs.

I like your thoughts about g & t as well. I am not sure how much research is already out there but what I think might be interesting to research is how children who are g & t interact with each other in mixed ability settings.

Hth